• Tue news: 23andMe CEO no longer open to takeover. mRNA vaccines may boost cancer immunotherapy. BMS beats $6.4B lawsuit. CVS Health layoffs and potential breakup. JNJ abandoning proposed 340b plan. See more on our front page

Is Merck going to buy Idenix

<

Some say yes!

Merck sees its hepatiis C drug as industry leader, Bloomberg reports
“Our goal is to be a leader in hepatitis C, and we will do what it takes to get there,” says Merck's (MRK) Roger Pomerantz, worldwide head of licensing and acquisitions, reports Bloomberg. “We would consider small deals to large deals, whatever is necessary to lead in hepatitis

Merck sees its hepatiis C drug as industry leader, Bloomberg reports
“Our goal is to be a leader in hepatitis C, and we will do what it takes to get there,” says Merck's (MRK) Roger Pomerantz, worldwide head of licensing and acquisitions, reports Bloomberg. “We would consider small deals to large deals, whatever is necessary to lead in hepatitis

He said that after claiming that MK-5172 would be: "Merck Hepatitis C Drug May ‘Anchor’ Future Worldwide Regimen"

if you didn't see the headlines: "High cure rates seen with Merck oral hepatitis drugs -study"

"Nov 2 (Reuters) - A combination of two oral hepatitis C treatments developed by Merck & Co led to high cure rates in previously untreated patients, indicating the company is a contender in the race to find new treatments for the liver destroying virus.

The treatments tested with and without the older drug ribavirin led to cure rates of 96 percent to 100 percent, according to interim data from a small midstage clinical trial.

He said that after claiming that MK-5172 would be: "Merck Hepatitis C Drug May ‘Anchor’ Future Worldwide Regimen"

if you didn't see the headlines: "High cure rates seen with Merck oral hepatitis drugs -study"

"Nov 2 (Reuters) - A combination of two oral hepatitis C treatments developed by Merck & Co led to high cure rates in previously untreated patients, indicating the company is a contender in the race to find new treatments for the liver destroying virus.

The treatments tested with and without the older drug ribavirin led to cure rates of 96 percent to 100 percent, according to interim data from a small midstage clinical trial.

We also received "breakthrough Status"

Why? Can you build your argument for why Merck would even need Idenix? Didn't they just receive Breakthrough Status on their own combo?

Sure. They need a nuc! They got a great PI; They got a great NS5a; who knows about their MK-8876 (its a Non-Nuc anyways) I would say this rumor may have legs. Anything that S eth K larman is buying .... i'm buying!!!

Sure. They need a nuc! They got a great PI; They got a great NS5a; who knows about their MK-8876 (its a Non-Nuc anyways) I would say this rumor may have legs. Anything that S eth K larman is buying .... i'm buying!!!

He did just go from 20% to 27% right? I think so... it was yesterday! It was on a SC 13D

NAME OF REPORTING PERSON, S.S. OR I.R.S. IDENTIFICATION NO.OF ABOVE PERSON

The Baupost Group, L.L.C., 04-3402144

PERCENT OF CLASS REPRESENTED BY AMOUNT IN ROW (11)

27.55%*