• Tue news: 23andMe CEO no longer open to takeover. mRNA vaccines may boost cancer immunotherapy. BMS beats $6.4B lawsuit. CVS Health layoffs and potential breakup. JNJ abandoning proposed 340b plan. See more on our front page

Is Medtronic worried about the Tandem pump?

<

My territory was taking a hit for a while. But the 530g has turned things around. That said, Medtronic really needs to update its look. What do we have to offer older patients without cgm coverage who struggle reading and hearing our pump?

Hi, I am a long time customer of Medtronic and will probably upgrade to their new pump. I have worn the TSlim for a couple of weeks and the touch screen novelty does wear off. Having said that, I tried the Dexcom and the Enlite and I have to say the Dexcom is the best little gadget I have come across in a long time. I won't leave home without it. It's accurate and the information is visible. I don't have to scramble under my clothing to fish out a screen that I then have to squint at. I don't see much value in the threshold suspend. Damage is already done by the time the pump shuts off. Wish I could be kinder, Medtronic has been great but Dexcom is ahead of the pack.

Medtronic rocks! the new sensor rocks! I have checked my BS over 25 times per day for 2 months and I swear my reading has never been more than 8 points off of the sensor. It's like magic. I would give Medtronic an A+ rating BUT they NEVER get my billing right and its such a HEADACHE that it drives my glucose up and I thank god I have a sensor to help regulate. Smart people.

The Tslm is nice pump but the company- not so great. They are a company formed by a corporate mentality that is not interested in a long term company but instead looking to be bought out by the highest bidder. They are looking to get rich on their stocks not their product and least of all their patient outcomes. What does this mean for a patient who is interested in purchasing their pump?

I'm getting killed by tandem.....
Especially with plans that offer no CGM coverage and Medicaid. T-slim is eating my lunch and I have work in a very successful territory for six years. I'm hitting a point of frustration that we do not have anything to offer that compares to T-Slim

t slime battery life is a mess. It overheats, shuts off, and takes forever to prime. My peds accounts can't stand it. My Animas rep is telling everyone the "Vibe" is coming out this fall. There are way too many pumps on the market right now.

The t:slim is kicking my butt in the ped's accounts. Kids are saying our pump looks old and they don't want to scroll. My business is definitely hurting. We need a more current look than 1980's.

The 2 pumps are not even comparable. One is just a pump. The other is a pump plus integrated CGM with threshold suspend. TSlim 2 evolutions behind.

Well what's your response now that t:slim has an integrated Dexcom CGM? In theory threshold suspend is great, but the inaccuracy and false lows of Enlite makes threshold suspend completely irrelevant. Dexcom is far superior to your sensor.

Yea buddy ditch the Medtronic pump. Go with Animas. Better made pump.

Animas is a better pump? The pump hasn't changed in a decade. It takes 20 minutes to complete a simple task. I got carpal tunnel just trying to give myself a bolus due to all of the screens I had to navigate through. Good riddance

Well what's your response now that t:slim has an integrated Dexcom CGM? In theory threshold suspend is great, but the inaccuracy and false lows of Enlite makes threshold suspend completely irrelevant. Dexcom is far superior to your sensor.

What do you think the average monthly quota is for each pump rep? New starts only: Medtronic - 20, OmniPod - 15, Animas - 13, and Tandem - 6.