• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

InVentive hiring for Orexigen/Contrave

anonymous

Anyone else seeing these positions opening in your territory already like I just saw posted in mine? Is this a sign that Takeda will be dropping Contrave from the sales force much earlier than communicated?

<

Talked to recruiter today. Takeda gig ended 3/16. Inventive now hiring 160 reps nation wide. Start date 6/13 (I think). Sounds like Contrave is only product. Territories = very large. Calling on Endo's, PCP, OB/GYN's. Good luck to all!

Talked to recruiter today. Takeda gig ended 3/16. Inventive now hiring 160 reps nation wide. Start date 6/13 (I think). Sounds like Contrave is only product. Territories = very large. Calling on Endo's, PCP, OB/GYN's. Good luck to all!

What do you mean ended 3/16? We're still being paid to promote the medication until the end of the third quarter.

90K at least in Calif.

Quintiles DM here, don't let the recruiters BS you. Your looking at 50-54K base to start with commision budgeted at 5K per QTR. Bottom line, annual pay is 75K if you hit your numbers, average pay will likely be 65-70K. And yes, we will micromanage your ass off with weekly activity reports, conference calls, and field ride-alongs once weekly (yes, we will be in your car every week). This is NOT a highly profitable product, so don't expect big payouts unless you do something very, very special - and even then your only getting an additional 6-800 dollars per quarter.

Quintiles DM here, don't let the recruiters BS you. Your looking at 50-54K base to start with commision budgeted at 5K per QTR. Bottom line, annual pay is 75K if you hit your numbers, average pay will likely be 65-70K. And yes, we will micromanage your ass off with weekly activity reports, conference calls, and field ride-alongs once weekly (yes, we will be in your car every week). This is NOT a highly profitable product, so don't expect big payouts unless you do something very, very special - and even then your only getting an additional 6-800 dollars per quarter.

I cry BS. 1. You are not a manager. 2. It is Inventiv and not Quintiles (nice try). 3. I think we know how hard a sell Contrave is. We have been selling it idiot. 4. A manager is never in your car weekly. What a crock.

So... as a Quintiles DM you're planning to ride with the inVentive reps once a week while they promote Contrave? Clever post, 40Watt!