• Mon news: Ventyx gets boost from Sanofi. PhRMA IRA legal challenge gets new life. AZ breast cancer drug disappoints. Teva’s once-monthly schizophrenia med. AZ gets FDA approval for first self-administered flu vaccine. See more on our front page

Interesting perspective........

Anonymous

The Eisai Partnership is the Kiss of Death

1. Zonegrame: purchased from Elan for $200 million cash + all the market personnel + sales people

Result: total sales for Eisai from Zonegrame is about $240 million. Eisai ended up with unproductive employees and eventually they after consumed Eisai, they are gone. In addition, Eisai had to settle a lawsuit wit DOJ for Eisai's illegal marketing activities for $11 million. I would say Eisai breaks even on this deal if you only count the capital spending

2. Fragmin: Pfizer sold this dog to Eisai years ago. The Contract states Eisai has to net sale $100 million worth of Fragmin no matter what market condition is. Otherwise, Eisai pays up to $100 million to Pfizer. Fragmin has no had a $100 net sales.

Result: This is a loss for Eisai

3. Ligand products (ONTAK etc.) purchase. Eisai paid $200 million to get Ligand’s four marketed oncology products + all the marketing and sales people.

Result: Eisai has not recouped its investment yet from this deal. Most of the human assets came with the deal as LC stated are long gone. There are handful incompetent marketing people at still around to continue their dubious behaviors. Darby James is one of them. Eisai also ended being sued by Keeler.

4. MGI deal: Eisai was duped to pay over the roof premium of $3.9 Billion for MGI. Lusedra was one of the jewels presented to have potential of $400 million a year. Dacogen was as promising as Lusedra.

Result: Guess what, FDA doesn’t like Lusedra and only grant the status of MAC which is not better than others on the market. Now, it is being killed and all the sales reps are being laid off.

Moreover, all the trophy employees from MGI who relocated to New Jersey Institute of Technology have left Eisai and left a huge bill for Eisai to pay.

5. Banzel: Eisai purchased the right to sell from Novartis decade ago. Eisai was hoping to get the indication for general or partial seizures

Result: Indication limited to LGS only. It will be killed soon with the Slyvia Brown’s marketing

<

Who cares? Do you own stock? No cheap eisai doesn't give employees stock.

What I said was that investors are not happy with companies burning cash...you think recklessly burning cash has no effect on non-shareholding employees? Really? Are you that dumb? If all the bad deals that Eisai made were as widely lucrative as they sold to us, you don’t think there would have been fewer layoffs, more promotional opportunities, more money for IC, contestants, merit raises, etc.? Come on, I know you work at Eisai, but I’m hoping you had at least on econ class at the University of Phoenix…

What I said was that investors are not happy with companies burning cash...you think recklessly burning cash has no effect on non-shareholding employees? Really? Are you that dumb? If all the bad deals that Eisai made were as widely lucrative as they sold to us, you don’t think there would have been fewer layoffs, more promotional opportunities, more money for IC, contestants, merit raises, etc.? Come on, I know you work at Eisai, but I’m hoping you had at least on econ class at the University of Phoenix…

Duh you stupid.

They could have left at anytime. Investing poses risk, perhaps you didnt know this? If the Japs didnt think that the big boss man could do his job they would have gotten rid of homey himself. Just think Ed Boylan could be president then.

Did it ever occcur to you that they keep him around because he makes a good patsy?