• Fri news: Gilead withdraws bladder cancer drug. Amgen and Intercept PDUFA date pushback. CVS replaces CEO. Supernus depression trial. AbbVie Parkinson’s approval. See more on our front page

Input needed from reps who have worked for a company that was sold

Anonymous

Really curious about what reps think is on the horizon for my company.
1.They recently had a very quick national expansion for a new indication.
2. Incentivizing reps up to $4500 to help fill any vacancies.
3. Withholding a 2014 Q4 and 2015 Q1 multiplier bonus until May 2015.
4. Hired contract reps/educators
5. Just published a "change in control" policy.

Several of these things #1,4, and 5 happend at my last company in the months just prior to the company being sold. Have a feeling this company is trying to sell itself too.

What do you think?

Yup, sold to the highest bidder and they want you to keep selling at top performance to increase that sell of price #thatbottoomline

Do what's best for you and YOUR family.

in 2009 Schering was sold to Merck. When the merger was announced the Schering folks were told that 85% of their reps would remain and have jobs in the new Merck. In the end 90% of the Schering sales folks were shown the door. They basicly wanted to keep who they wanted in the merged company without having the reps leave or lose interested before their jobs were executed. Good luck to you all.

When King bought Alpharma, reps were told that the INTENT is to keep the salesforce for both companies as is, calling on the same doctors, promoting competing products etc...it sounded as foolish as it was. King swept in March/April 2009 dessimated both teams, replaced reps and manager on both sides in a hostile takeover.

We will never forget that word 'INTENT'.

I have other examples and experiences....but will stop there. They always do and say what they need to to keep you selling and pumping up the stock price.

Think of yourself first.

After slowly matriculating other reps out of their job on trumped up terminations to reduce the bottom line, King's was SOLD to the highest bidder-Pfizer. The lights are off and the doors are locked. The King is no more. That was a horrible plan.

Think of yourself first

It's a vacation for a little bit as the field swirls with rumors.

But then you find everything you were told was a lie so that everyone wouldn't run out of the front door.

Get your resume out and do what you think is best.

Most importantly, BELIEVE NO ONE.

It's a vacation for a little bit as the field swirls with rumors.

But then you find everything you were told was a lie so that everyone wouldn't run out of the front door.

Get your resume out and do what you think is best.

Most importantly, BELIEVE NO ONE.

This has happened to me twice. First time I did not rcognize signs and was left holding the bag. Secong time I was prepared and had an offer on the table when the news hit. My advice is to get prepared. They wont tell you until the last minute.