• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

Industry appears doomed

Anonymous

Even if you have a new drug, unless you can stay in the top 30%, they are going to get rid of you. Just biding my time developing my side business until they cut me. The culture of BMS continues to degrade, people mean nothing, just money.

Yea I know it's a business, but the degradation of employees into scared, burnt out, hangers on is telling.

Wonder if senior leadership is proud of what they have done to this company?

Even if you have a new drug, unless you can stay in the top 30%, they are going to get rid of you. Just biding my time developing my side business until they cut me. The culture of BMS continues to degrade, people mean nothing, just money.

Yea I know it's a business, but the degradation of employees into scared, burnt out, hangers on is telling.

Wonder if senior leadership is proud of what they have done to this company?

Been hearing the industry is doomed for 15 years now. Fucking whiner.

Financial experts speak about the change is the pharma model....a more sweeping review. Unfornuately the industry is changing to a model that will not benefits from legions of reps who can impact business by saturation and relationship building. Companies do not need nearly as many and benefit from a huge cost savings.
Very few under 40 will retire from being a drug rep//