Independent Reps Hard to Find

Anonymous

It's amazing that, I would bet, a vast majority of 1099 reps on LinkedIn don't even say their independents. so if you put that into your search, few guys actually turn up. Anyone know of a good board to find them. I'm recruiting cardio reps heavily and am running out of ideas. I'm thinking of starting a website exclusively for independents with free access to hiring companies. I'll foot the darn bill.

<

It's amazing that, I would bet, a vast majority of 1099 reps on LinkedIn don't even say their independents. so if you put that into your search, few guys actually turn up. Anyone know of a good board to find them. I'm recruiting cardio reps heavily and am running out of ideas. I'm thinking of starting a website exclusively for independents with free access to hiring companies. I'll foot the darn bill.

You could try joining MedReps or Gorilla as a recruiter, but the comments from others have slammed those websites.

Start it up. The pharma and device industry is trending back to 1099 work, instead of going with the salaried plus commission/bonus direct sales model.

Every rep wants a salary, but with reduced reimbursements, a steadily increasing number of "hassle factors" to obtain reimbursement, the CMS competitive bidding process for HME, and the "Sunshine Act," the only solution that makes financial sense is going with a 1099 sales force.

1099 = Eating what you kill. Great 1099 reps have more to eat then they can stuff in their mouths. Poorly performing 1099 reps end up flipping burgers at night.

Let us know about your website once it is up and running.

first you want rep groups not individuals. You will find us , when you need us. If we want your products we will find you . Very small community. Funny thing is groups will take on a line , if we don't get paid on it, or see a market for us thats when the individual 1009 will get that line.

I know of a group in cardio. What's the product?

first you want rep groups not individuals. You will find us , when you need us. If we want your products we will find you . Very small community. Funny thing is groups will take on a line , if we don't get paid on it, or see a market for us thats when the individual 1009 will get that line.

Maybe if they are trying to launch a product nation wide on a large scale then they need a rep group. Groups are OK but if you are looking for a specific geography to fill then how is a rep group going to help. Many of us are involved in both. By diversifying and holding a few of your own lines to maximizes profit and then taking a line or 2 with a group you have the best of both worlds.

I think a web site for independents would be a tremendous success. Also if you are looking for independents in a specific area with a specific specialty then call a few of your larger hospitals. If its a surgical product you may reach out to the head of the specific surgical team. Most likely they know who the good independents are and will give you their contact info. Also if you have contacts with other direct reps in the specific area then reach out to them and often they know the independents as well. I have had companies get in contact with me both ways about selling their lines.

Thinking about going from W2 to 1099 and like the idea of joining a group first before making a decision to go solo or not.
Any idea the best way to search for a group in the Midwest, specifically in the Michigan area?