• Wed news: Lilly’s 4.5B medicine foundry project. 5 FDA decisions to watch in Q4. Hurricane Helene and the health supply chain. Lundbeck taps Charles River for AI-enabled neuro drug discovery. Amgen tax evasion lawsuit. See more on our front page

In a bind.. How's the culture at Abbvie for reps? Are reps happy here??

anonymous

Hey guys, im somewhat in a bind and was hoping I could get some truthful responses on here. I applied for the expansion role with Abbvie and another company for a biologics role.

I got a phone interview with Abbvie but haven't heard back until this week for a possible f2f interview. Not sure what happened to the position in the territory bc one of the job postings is back up on the Abbvie website. The ad was no longer there in Dec but now it's back up on the website. It's in Midatlantic area. I got a call from recruiter out of nowhere, but not sure if it's worth interviewing.

Could any current employee in the immunology or Derm division give an idea of their day to day working within a Abbvie? Specifically the following..

-Are the managers known for micromanaging or do they let reps manage territory on their own
-Are territories for the expansion for single reps or a pod system (2 or more reps in same territory)
-how often are field coaches if any?
-high turnover of reps or do reps normally stay long term?

The reason I'm asking is bc I want to leave my current postion due to the above.. micromanaging by DM and I have 1 other pod mate and it's difficult to work w the other person since we don't agree and I mainly do all the work. Also the DM at my current company was asked to have more field coaches with all reps for 2018.

Also I interviewed with another company for a biologics launch also but it seems Abbvie has a better outlook but not sure of the culture here.

Not really concerned with salary, car choices etc since I have a pretty good idea on it. I'm more concerned with someone on my back micromanaging me since this is a launch.

Can anyone share their input? I'd really appreciate it. I'd hate to leave my current comp only to wind up with the same issues.

Thanks guys

<

Come to MET. There is no worries, no counterparts, nothing to do, sleep in, drop some samples, keep your head down and enjoy the ride. Shhhhhh, I've got my alarm set for 9:30.

Hey guys, im somewhat in a bind and was hoping I could get some truthful responses on here. I applied for the expansion role with Abbvie and another company for a biologics role.

I got a phone interview with Abbvie but haven't heard back until this week for a possible f2f interview. Not sure what happened to the position in the territory bc one of the job postings is back up on the Abbvie website. The ad was no longer there in Dec but now it's back up on the website. It's in Midatlantic area. I got a call from recruiter out of nowhere, but not sure if it's worth interviewing.

Could any current employee in the immunology or Derm division give an idea of their day to day working within a Abbvie? Specifically the following..

-Are the managers known for micromanaging or do they let reps manage territory on their own
-Are territories for the expansion for single reps or a pod system (2 or more reps in same territory)
-how often are field coaches if any?
-high turnover of reps or do reps normally stay long term?

The reason I'm asking is bc I want to leave my current postion due to the above.. micromanaging by DM and I have 1 other pod mate and it's difficult to work w the other person since we don't agree and I mainly do all the work. Also the DM at my current company was asked to have more field coaches with all reps for 2018.

Also I interviewed with another company for a biologics launch also but it seems Abbvie has a better outlook but not sure of the culture here.

Not really concerned with salary, car choices etc since I have a pretty good idea on it. I'm more concerned with someone on my back micromanaging me since this is a launch.

Can anyone share their input? I'd really appreciate it. I'd hate to leave my current comp only to wind up with the same issues.

Thanks guys

Honestly you sound like someone that can't work well with other people- the type of people we hire at Abbvie make partnerships work. We find a way to win. I would look elsewhere as you won't fit in here.

Also the questions as to how many field coaching days- only reps that don't like those are the reps that aren't out working and are trying to hide something.

Honestly you sound like someone that can't work well with other people- the type of people we hire at Abbvie make partnerships work. We find a way to win. I would look elsewhere as you won't fit in here.

Also the questions as to how many field coaching days- only reps that don't like those are the reps that aren't out working and are trying to hide something.

#HeyKoolAid!!!

Barf

Dividend day is coming up February 15. If you reinvest, your dividend will buy more shares at the lower price, then watch for the rise. Instant money!

Yes !!!! Dividend day is coming up. We are blessed that our dividend will purchase more shares!! Thanks to our benefits team for getting the word out to the less financially cognizant employees. Remember: Buy low and sell high ! We will benefit even more if share price drops by May 15th. Be cool and enjoy your instant cash.