• Tue news: Merck's Keytruda stages comeback in head and neck cancer. GSK, Pfizer RSV vaccine sales fall. Astellas gene therapy bet. Extreme weather —>drug shortages. J&J discontinues bladder cancer drug. See more on our front page

iCue Letters

Anonymous

Our entire TBO is based on sending these throw away letters. Common Sense would tell you its junk mail. For some reason my state is obsessed with sending out letters..all about trying to look good for someone else. I also love when they say this letter has great return on it's investment.. I think they forgot that someone making 100K is sitting in starbucks sending them out so a medical assistant can throw out the letter when they see the Pfizer logo. More legendary stupidity from Pfizer..

Our entire TBO is based on sending these throw away letters. Common Sense would tell you its junk mail. For some reason my state is obsessed with sending out letters..all about trying to look good for someone else. I also love when they say this letter has great return on it's investment.. I think they forgot that someone making 100K is sitting in starbucks sending them out so a medical assistant can throw out the letter when they see the Pfizer logo. More legendary stupidity from Pfizer..

ha, this is hilarious! So true, so true. Funny thing is the number of RAMP letters available has been slashed! Yet, my teammates talk about sending one for each product after each call.

Keep up the good writing.

They just sent out an email about the restriction of ramp letters. Each doc can only get some once a month.

This job is all about metrics. It's like the sports fanatics and their obsessive religion about statistics and trends.

Except our suits get a hard on for the stats and creating false stats to keep their profession alive.

I believe there is ROI for these letters. The prof is in the numbers.
But not the sales numbers.
It's the number of DMT/legal folks they keep on the payroll.
ROI conversation goes like this; "of course we're needed to provide valuable resources to the field. Look how many of these things they are sending out. If they weren't so valuable would they be sending them?"

Then it rolls down hill. everyone forces their subordinates to use these valuable resources to save the bonehead dmt job & proved pfizer is providing valuable resources.
Kind of circular, aint it?

Saying this produces high roi shows poor understanding of financials and statistical metrics. The letters cost pennies and pharmaceuticals cost hundreds. One rx pays for hundreds of letters and brand teams (more likely, the ad agencies they slobber over) consider this a roi metric! A high roi percentage means nothing unless it produces real dollars. Brands, RPs and SDs don't get the basic concept.

What Reply letter?? They fax offices now asking if they want samples. But to my knowledge there is nothing to reply to when you receive a letter in mail that states that Toviaz 8 mg is marginally more effective to low dose Detrol LA with more side effects.. There is nothing for doctor to reply.

AND....You are complaining about.....EASY money?! WTF? Don't spoil it for the rest of us who get it!!!!

Your right.. Why let on that this job is a complete joke. However, EVERYONE KNOWS! The days are numbered. How many years can you really do this "job"? Prepare your exit plan. Trust me, Pfizer is considering your exit plan.. They will squeeze every benefit and then eliminate the jobs. Yes, someone will be left.. but do you really want to be that person??

Saying this produces high roi shows poor understanding of financials and statistical metrics. The letters cost pennies and pharmaceuticals cost hundreds. One rx pays for hundreds of letters and brand teams (more likely, the ad agencies they slobber over) consider this a roi metric! A high roi percentage means nothing unless it produces real dollars. Brands, RPs and SDs don't get the basic concept.

Wouldnt expect RPs or SDs to get it. At least not this crop.