• Tue news: Regeneron fails to block Eylea biosimilar. Inside the GLP-1 price war. Novartis inks $1B biobucks deal. UCB/Biogen lupus drug. Lilly Alzheimer’s drug approved in Japan. See more on our front page

Icahn buys into Allergan

anonymous

"Shares of Allergan rose as much as 3 percent in early trading Tuesday after Carl Icahn revealed a "large position" in the pharmaceutical company.

Famed activist investor Icahn expressed support for Allergan CEO Brent Saunders in a statement posted on Icahn's website.

"We were instrumental in bringing Brent on board as the new CEO of Forest Labs a few years ago and worked cooperatively and constructively with him to help increase value for all Forest shareholders," the statement said. "Less than a year later Forest was acquired by Actavis (which subsequently merged with Allergan) resulting in massive gains for Forest shareholders. While we at that time disposed of our position in Forest, we still have always maintained great respect for Brent."

Allergan did not immediately respond to CNBC's request for comment.

Allergan shares have lost 24.5 percent so far this year amid a failed merger agreement with rival Pfizer" Less

<

If Carl is in......so am I, I have invested my Q1 bonus!
I am the proud owner of 1 share!

Keep an eye out on the Mad Money....I expect they will want to do a feature on me!

My mother worked for Trans World Airlines (TWA) in the 1980s when Carl Icahn took a position as an "activist" within the company. By the time he was finished gutting the airline in order to line his pockets, my mother lost 90% of the pension promised to her by TWA, as well as numerous benefits that she and he coworkers relied upon prior to Icahn showing up. As a result, she is working today even though she is well past the age of retirement.

For the sake of Allergan's employees, I hope your management has the guts to stand up against this corporate criminal before he does to you what he did to my mother and her coworkers.

Good luck.

My mother worked for Trans World Airlines (TWA) in the 1980s when Carl Icahn took a position as an "activist" within the company. By the time he was finished gutting the airline in order to line his pockets, my mother lost 90% of the pension promised to her by TWA, as well as numerous benefits that she and he coworkers relied upon prior to Icahn showing up. As a result, she is working today even though she is well past the age of retirement.

For the sake of Allergan's employees, I hope your management has the guts to stand up against this corporate criminal before he does to you what he did to my mother and her coworkers.

Good luck.
My condolence to your mother. The same havoc prevailed at Forest. Someday, there will be justice!

Good.

The purpose of a corporation is shareholder value. Everything else is a means to an end. Ichan and Brent have done a good job of transforming an absolute dinosaur in the industry, FRX, into a tax-advantaged, highly-globally-competitive company.

Think of all the old FRX deadwood that was cleaned out. Do we really start to name names?

Keep going Brent. And good for you Mr. Ichan. I'm with you and support you 100%.

If we're going to remain independent, do we have a lot to work to do? Is there still a bit more deadwood to go? Sure there is. Nobody said creating a culture and a company would be easy.

But compared to Pfizer? You gotta be kidding me. Allergan is a great place to be. Pitch in and be the culture you want to be here, or GTFO and stay off Cafe Pharma.

This place will rot your soul. Life's too short.

Good.

The purpose of a corporation is shareholder value. Everything else is a means to an end. Ichan and Brent have done a good job of transforming an absolute dinosaur in the industry, FRX, into a tax-advantaged, highly-globally-competitive company.

Think of all the old FRX deadwood that was cleaned out. Do we really start to name names?

Keep going Brent. And good for you Mr. Ichan. I'm with you and support you 100%.

If we're going to remain independent, do we have a lot to work to do? Is there still a bit more deadwood to go? Sure there is. Nobody said creating a culture and a company would be easy.

But compared to Pfizer? You gotta be kidding me. Allergan is a great place to be. Pitch in and be the culture you want to be here, or GTFO and stay off Cafe Pharma.

Thankful and happy that creep Ichan will never get his filthy paws on Pfizer (which would have been our fate had the merger taken place). Shareholder value will never be more important than respect and care of employees. Shareholder value doesn't build communities nor morals. Shareholder value doesn't raise families and shareholder value doesn't contribute one iota to any positive quality of life.

Good.

It always brings me great sadness that people like you have been so brainwashed by the corporate clowns that call themselves Allergan. I too did the same. You cannot pitch in and create a culture that you want and expect. Remember Allergan tried to lie about this great culture we had-wear an armband! But its notbthere and nevervwill be. The culture is now greed. They hide behind the investors, but the Saunders and Pyotts of the world will continue to rape and pillage too. After all that Pyott did to destroy Allergan with has secret plotting to sell to Veleant- who won? What did he walk away with? How many lost jobs? What did you gain? Some of his idiot side kicks like Julian (who was the most under qualified piece of shit ever at Allergan) also walked away with multi millions-for what? All he ever did was sleep around with the gals in corporate. Brent sold out Bausch and ruined it. These guys arent saints. They arent even good business men. They are in it for themselves -not you. You are and always will be no more than a number. A slot. A territory. Replaceable. Noone knows your name and noone cares.

It always brings me great sadness that people like you have been so brainwashed by the corporate clowns that call themselves Allergan. I too did the same. You cannot pitch in and create a culture that you want and expect. Remember Allergan tried to lie about this great culture we had-wear an armband! But its notbthere and nevervwill be. The culture is now greed. They hide behind the investors, but the Saunders and Pyotts of the world will continue to rape and pillage too. After all that Pyott did to destroy Allergan with has secret plotting to sell to Veleant- who won? What did he walk away with? How many lost jobs? What did you gain? Some of his idiot side kicks like Julian (who was the most under qualified piece of shit ever at Allergan) also walked away with multi millions-for what? All he ever did was sleep around with the gals in corporate. Brent sold out Bausch and ruined it. These guys arent saints. They arent even good business men. They are in it for themselves -not you. You are and always will be no more than a number. A slot. A territory. Replaceable. Noone knows your name and noone cares.

You know what? You're right. Nobody really cares if you go or if you stay. People will pretend to care if you leave, you might even get a call from a VP asking you to reconsider. But, you are correct. After two months your name is forgotten and it's like you never existed.

So hold on to that mindset. Embrace it. You are here to provide a service and we are paid well to perform it. Stay sharp. Stay employable and quit worrying about the name on the outside of the building. It doesn't concern you.

Otherwise you will be ruled by fear. Terrified of change. This is one industry and one job that changes constantly. Look at it as a gig if you need to. This isn't your father's assembly line where one widget is made one right after another ad infinitum.

Culture is local. Work with your manager to create the best one you can and watch it trickle up.

Don't wait for some Jesus VP to lay out a chiseled stone tablet with a "new culture" created by a focus group of elders.

Be a one man culture. Accountable to yourself. Not afraid of a goddamn thing.

You'll always win.

You know what? You're right. Nobody really cares if you go or if you stay. People will pretend to care if you leave, you might even get a call from a VP asking you to reconsider. But, you are correct. After two months your name is forgotten and it's like you never existed.

So hold on to that mindset. Embrace it. You are here to provide a service and we are paid well to perform it. Stay sharp. Stay employable and quit worrying about the name on the outside of the building. It doesn't concern you.

Otherwise you will be ruled by fear. Terrified of change. This is one industry and one job that changes constantly. Look at it as a gig if you need to. This isn't your father's assembly line where one widget is made one right after another ad infinitum.

Culture is local. Work with your manager to create the best one you can and watch it trickle up.

Don't wait for some Jesus VP to lay out a chiseled stone tablet with a "new culture" created by a focus group of elders.

You'll always win.

I love to do this. But it doesn't work with our stupid POD structure.lmao

Spot on!
Worked for AGN for 26.6 years and was gotten rid of with the Activis buy so Pyott could pocket $536 million while other EC could reap millions as well. Hundreds of lost jobs, decimated R&D group, and research that was great (many have no clue to the extent of what was being work on, and the results/data that was found), with break throughs looming. Bitter? Sort of! I can't lie! I made millions too with all my stock but it still pisses me off.

You'll always win.
Brilliant and true.