• Fri news: New Novo obesity prospect linked to psychiatric side effects. Summit beats Keytruda in NSCLC. DermaSensor skin cancer detection device. Astellas digital health product. Sanofi MS data. See more on our front page

IC Errors for Tresiba

anonymous

fyi...check out your poatd Tresiba weekly numbers on the 8/31 report, then check the SAME time period on the next 9/14 report...you have a bunch of scripts disappear as well?? Can’t imagine its just a west coast phenomenon...happened to many territories out here without an explanation yet.

<

fyi...check out your poatd Tresiba weekly numbers on the 8/31 report, then check the SAME time period on the next 9/14 report...you have a bunch of scripts disappear as well?? Can’t imagine its just a west coast phenomenon...happened to many territories out here without an explanation yet.
This has been going on for as long as I can remember with all of our IC reports.

In the past, if I noticed discrepancies with my pay from the IC tracker, I brought it up to my manager. I gave him all the facts and he ran it up the flagpole. I was able to get an after the fact adjustment for what it should have been. Not saying it will work every time, but worth a shot. That was also when IC was much much much simpler to figure out...

In the past, if I noticed discrepancies with my pay from the IC tracker, I brought it up to my manager. I gave him all the facts and he ran it up the flagpole. I was able to get an after the fact adjustment for what it should have been. Not saying it will work every time, but worth a shot. That was also when IC was much much much simpler to figure out...

Scripts change in the IMS reporting. Sometimes for corrections to projections. Other times due to scripts that were logged but then never picked up. No conspiracy here. This is standard in the IMS reporting and has been this way at every pharma company I worked for.

These errors in IMS happen happened every month to all reps no matter the Pharma Company. I was once an associate (promoted from Rep to inside manager at corporate previous w/ Big Pharma Co.) and worked directly with this data from IMS.
First, I was absolutely in shock with how much error is in this data. There was about a 13% +/- reporting error at the territory level. Let me explain +/- a little further. - could equal as much as 87% if your territory was unfortunately under reporting and of course + could give you 113% over reporting! So, every pharma company attempts to “Smooth” the data by adjusting historical data to set future quotas. Now this “Smoothing” is pretty much a guess and too complicated to even attempt to explain on CP. Novo makes it difficult to see this in the data they allow the field to see, but trust me this IMS data is not accurate.
I don’t know if the RBD’s are able to shift quota between districts here at Novo, but my old pharma Co. equivalent to RBD’s could do this up to 10% each quarter to attempt to offset the IMS inaccuracy.

One other thing about Tresiba numbers. Has anyone noticed that the weekly number total under prescribers differ greatly than when you click on facility total. Shouldn’t these numbers match? If you are looking at individual prescribers vs facility, I would think that the total number of prescriptions for that week would mirror? Our whole district has a huge variance. How about your territory?

One other thing about Tresiba numbers. Has anyone noticed that the weekly number total under prescribers differ greatly than when you click on facility total. Shouldn’t these numbers match? If you are looking at individual prescribers vs facility, I would think that the total number of prescriptions for that week would mirror? Our whole district has a huge variance. How about your territory?

Some providers are affiliated to multiple facilities and so their scripts are double counted under that view.