I know, life's not fair but this MS interview process is ridiculous!!

anonymous

One would have thought that an outstanding company such as Genentech would have had this new drug launch hiring process down to a science but I have never seen anything so messed up as this interviewing process. From P1 being idiots to incompetent reps. being moved onto panel interviews while excellent candidates were cut (both internal and external) to waiting 4-6 weeks and never hearing a word after phone screens.... not sure GNE could have messed it up more.

I really hope that Ian and the rest of the team look into this fiasco and re-evaluate the MS team and put in procedures so this doesn't happen in the future.

<

One would have thought that an outstanding company such as Genentech would have had this new drug launch hiring process down to a science but I have never seen anything so messed up as this interviewing process. From P1 being idiots to incompetent reps. being moved onto panel interviews while excellent candidates were cut (both internal and external) to waiting 4-6 weeks and never hearing a word after phone screens.... not sure GNE could have messed it up more.

I really hope that Ian and the rest of the team look into this fiasco and re-evaluate the MS team and put in procedures so this doesn't happen in the future.

Geesh - yet another thread started by peeps passed over... The whole hiring process as messy and perceived to be "unprofessional" is how it is done whether you like it or not.

Do yourself a favor and just move on as like you said who said life is fair?

Geesh - yet another thread started by peeps passed over... The whole hiring process as messy and perceived to be "unprofessional" is how it is done whether you like it or not.

Do yourself a favor and just move on as like you said who said life is fair?

Agreed. Too many who didn't get the golden ticket to Chicago venting here about the process. A lot of people looking to get out of where they are but can't accept that 5,000 applicants for 160 positions doesn't lend to good odds of landing here. Please lick you wounds and move on with your lives. You can bitch and most about the process, you're not impacting the process.

This is extremely typical of Genentech. The whole hiring process is extremely slow, lacks transparency, is inconsiderate or people's situations and commitments. Also, they love putting people through 1600 paces when they already have the answers after 10 - especially when they already decided on an internal candidate and are interviewing outside just to verify, confirm or check boxes. By the way, this is a very good sign of how we can't make decisions.

I sure hope HR is reading these threads and does an internal investigation of this whole process. This is unacceptable.

Man - just LET GO! HR at GNE is weak underling like at most companies and just taking orders from the management and following the hiring process. In any case you might seek some counseling or something for your own mental well-being and again - just let go.

Man - just LET GO! HR at GNE is weak underling like at most companies and just taking orders from the management and following the hiring process. In any case you might seek some counseling or something for your own mental well-being and again - just let go.

Why in the world should we take your advice? We don't need counseling, we need change. If we keep our mouths shut and don't make the truth known, this is going to continue happening. Several members from management read these threads so one can only hope that changes are made.