I get being tracked through our iPad , but are the literally following us ?

Are there people that actually follow us in their own cars ?

I can tell you my experience at my old company, Forest Labs. Before we were merged our management suspected that many 'calls' were being faked. I was told by my boss that hired an outside company to track suspected culprits and keep a video log. This turned out to only confirm the obvious (to us at the time) that many were working other jobs and faking signatures. So they did an 'independent' audit, according to my source, and found that about 35% of called were faked. So the Shyt hit the fan and the reps were canned.

So what happens here ? I have no clue as I am a new hire, but I always look over my back and when I need to do a personal errand or my side job I just put it in a metal box so the GPS goes off line. That is my recommendation to my fellow reps. BTW I found that a Popcorn Factory metal can works great,

They only follow you in the car until your first meeting. Then at the meeting they sneak into your room and while you're sleeping they implant a tiny tracking device in your ear lobe. They copied this practice from Forest which was the first company to use this tactic.

They only follow you in the car until your first meeting. Then at the meeting they sneak into your room and while you're sleeping they implant a tiny tracking device in your ear lobe. They copied this practice from Forest which was the first company to use this tactic.
Now understand this. You are here by the good graces of your manager and his manager. If either of them decides to get rid of you then you will be fired. They won't need to track you, h.r. will provide them with all that they need to get rid of you and you will have no defense.

Now understand this. You are here by the good graces of your manager and his manager. If either of them decides to get rid of you then you will be fired. They won't need to track you, h.r. will provide them with all that they need to get rid of you and you will have no defense.

not if you get a good lawyer and sue their ass. Make it a personal case. Name you bosses directly in the lawsuit and watch them squirm ! Claim violation of your Civil Rights, claim discrimination, claim RICO act violation, claim unfair work practices, claim NLRB violation (you can claim you were trying to unionize - like I did) etc etc etc. There are literally a hundred ways to go after 'them' if they fire you. So have some fun. I have already won my case and collected a not insubstantial 'settlement agreement' which is under wraps but I will say is over 5 years base salary ! But had to give the lawyer 50%, but still worth it.

So don't be a pussy and take it lying down (no pun here) go after your boss with a vengeance !

not if you get a good lawyer and sue their ass. Make it a personal case. Name you bosses directly in the lawsuit and watch them squirm ! Claim violation of your Civil Rights, claim discrimination, claim RICO act violation, claim unfair work practices, claim NLRB violation (you can claim you were trying to unionize - like I did) etc etc etc. There are literally a hundred ways to go after 'them' if they fire you. So have some fun. I have already won my case and collected a not insubstantial 'settlement agreement' which is under wraps but I will say is over 5 years base salary ! But had to give the lawyer 50%, but still worth it.

So don't be a pussy and take it lying down (no pun here) go after your boss with a vengeance !

And never be able to get a job working anywhere in the U.S. If you are lucky you might land something in retail but you definitely won't work in Pharma again. Your lawyer won't tell you this because they will move on to the next sap and continue stealing from uninformed stooges.

30 year AZ vet here. NO, they don't track with the iPad, cell phone, PI's or whatever. If they suspect you are not working, they will look at where gas receipts were purchased vs calls. Or, they will just start picking at everything you do, until they come up with a PIP. You can then request a "mutual separation agreement", collect some money, and be on your way. These tracking rumors have been around forever. Trust me, they can get rid of you just by making up crap, and putting pressure on you until you are ready to leave. But, no computer or cell phone tracking ever! Think about it, 99% of all AZ reps work very short days. Do you think they want to deal with a problem of that magnitude! Hell no they don't!

And never be able to get a job working anywhere in the U.S. If you are lucky you might land something in retail but you definitely won't work in Pharma again. Your lawyer won't tell you this because they will move on to the next sap and continue stealing from uninformed stooges.
Thanks HR for the advice -now fuck off!