• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

Huge global crackdown on antibiotics

Anonymous

in the US up to 80% of antibiotics used as animal growth stimulants

Antibiotic resistance will cause $100 trillion in economic losses by 2050 if not corrected.

Sorry.

<

Antibiotic resistance is largely a myth.

tell that to someone who had an MRSA infection on their ass and wasn't able to sit down for months.... seriously, not funny!

Also, infections can appear at say, a toenail, then travel through the blood and cause oral infections.

Both of these cases in people that I knew well.

This stuff is very scary and kills people. Just so we can have plumper chickens in overcrowded conditions.

It is BARBARIC

tell that to someone who had an MRSA infection on their ass and wasn't able to sit down for months.... seriously, not funny!

Also, infections can appear at say, a toenail, then travel through the blood and cause oral infections.

Both of these cases in people that I knew well.

This stuff is very scary and kills people. Just so we can have plumper chickens in overcrowded conditions.

It is BARBARIC

Untreatable infections of the heart lining killed someone very young I knew... sounds like one of these, because it happened in hospital, they must have had him on an antibiotic drip.... 35 years old... it's so sad

Sadder still is that very few new antibiotics are being developed, not the cash cow they once were apparently.

What would Jesus have done?