How to find a small, start-up med company

Anonymous

I have several years of sales but not medical and was told that the best place for me to break into the industry is with a small, start up company. Besides the standard job boards, how does one find out about new companies or new products?

<

Start up is not the way to go and if it is a great technology they are looking for people with relationships who can make an immediate impact. Look to Cook, Ethicon, Covidien, Stryker and other large companies that have Associate sales positions....otherwise seek out local orthopedic distributors...

Completely agree with the above poster. Start-ups don't have the time or resources to train and develop rookies, they need plug and play hired guns. Focus on the big companies listed above; add Bos Sci, Medtronic, Intuitive... Only i you have solid B2B success.

Agree with the above posters. Start-ups are NOT the place to break into medical sales. If you have at least two years of outside B2B sales experience, and can document your success, it should be fairly easy to find an Associate Level medical sales position. Many companies offer them. I might recommend that you join Gorillamed. They always have lots of these entry level jobs on their site. Medreps too.