• Mon news: Ventyx gets boost from Sanofi. PhRMA IRA legal challenge gets new life. AZ breast cancer drug disappoints. Teva’s once-monthly schizophrenia med. AZ gets FDA approval for first self-administered flu vaccine. See more on our front page

How many were layed off recently?

<

Just spoke to a friend of mine and I was consdering going over to Eisai. Told me there were some quiet layoffs what happened.

Quiet layoff? What's that? Is there a noisy layoff too?

Seriously though, there was no layoff. There was a headcount neutral redrawing of territory/district/regional lines in preparation for new products one of which is in a new therapeutic area. In the process some people were displaced. If they were willing to relocate, then they could to open territories in other parts of the country. Most displaced reps took the package rather than relocate. Thus you have about 30 openings where external candidates will be/are filling them.

BTW you don't just go over to Eisai. You make a decision to apply, then hopefully get called, go through the interview process, and then maybe get a job offer. THEN you can consider going over to Eisai.....unless of course you know somebody important.. LOL... It's cool...just in a ball breaking mood. Good Luck if you decide to apply.

Quiet layoff? What's that? Is there a noisy layoff too?

Seriously though, there was no layoff. There was a headcount neutral redrawing of territory/district/regional lines in preparation for new products one of which is in a new therapeutic area. In the process some people were displaced. If they were willing to relocate, then they could to open territories in other parts of the country. Most displaced reps took the package rather than relocate. Thus you have about 30 openings where external candidates will be/are filling them.

BTW you don't just go over to Eisai. You make a decision to apply, then hopefully get called, go through the interview process, and then maybe get a job offer. THEN you can consider going over to Eisai.....unless of course you know somebody important.. LOL... It's cool...just in a ball breaking mood. Good Luck if you decide to apply.

More like a douchey or cunty mood. You're right it was headcount neutral, but they made their primary decision of who stays or who goes on who lived in the territory. Probably why Eisai hasn't been successful with ANYTHING since Aciphex was launched! They didn't manage the territory lines around the best reps within a district and then go from there.

More like a douchey or cunty mood. You're right it was headcount neutral, but they made their primary decision of who stays or who goes on who lived in the territory. Probably why Eisai hasn't been successful with ANYTHING since Aciphex was launched! They didn't manage the territory lines around the best reps within a district and then go from there.

Wow, a little thin-skinned are we? Look, 85 to 90% of the sales force was placed. Every company that has done this, loses some reps that should've been kept and keeps some reps that should've been gone. It's not exclusive to Eisai. I know because I was a victim of that one time at a major pharma company. Of all the reps that I know were displaced, which is about 8, all save one of them will be easily replaceable. Now, I'm not saying they aren't good people. They are, and I feel very bad for them. As far as the territory lines, you should know that for the most part they were drawn based upon where the business is moving forward.

Wow, a little thin-skinned are we? Look, 85 to 90% of the sales force was placed. Every company that has done this, loses some reps that should've been kept and keeps some reps that should've been gone. It's not exclusive to Eisai. I know because I was a victim of that one time at a major pharma company. Of all the reps that I know were displaced, which is about 8, all save one of them will be easily replaceable. Now, I'm not saying they aren't good people. They are, and I feel very bad for them. As far as the territory lines, you should know that for the most part they were drawn based upon where the business is moving forward.

Right... Thanks Michael.

Einstein: Then please explain to me why the rep that was centrally located in the territory was let go and I stayed? I barely live in the territory.