• Fri news: Gilead withdraws bladder cancer drug. Amgen and Intercept PDUFA date pushback. CVS replaces CEO. Supernus depression trial. AbbVie Parkinson’s approval. See more on our front page

How many Genentech people did we hire?

Anonymous

I heard that they wanted to keep the IFN sales experience to a minimum. I think its a smart strategy. Going forward we need to focus on IFN-"Free" and not on IFN. A strategy I can agree with!

I heard that they wanted to keep the IFN sales experience to a minimum. I think its a smart strategy. Going forward we need to focus on IFN-"Free" and not on IFN. A strategy I can agree with!

Sorry but I disagree. My advice was to hire as many as possible. (they didn't listen to me) my thoughts were that Gilead will be launching as a IFN combo for the most part and that many Docs will need the "IFN handholding" at least until we become their standard of care. Rob didn't see it my way.

I just hope they "don't wait until your real all oral gets approved in a year and a half or so", because we will have competition at that point.

Sorry but I disagree. My advice was to hire as many as possible. (they didn't listen to me) my thoughts were that Gilead will be launching as a IFN combo for the most part and that many Docs will need the "IFN handholding" at least until we become their standard of care. Rob didn't see it my way.

I just hope they "don't wait until your real all oral gets approved in a year and a half or so", because we will have competition at that point.

Agreed. Why don't they listen to us?

Gilead DID interview Genentech reps. The problem is that we at Genentech don't want to go to Gilead - a company that essentially wants you to kiss their butts and revolve our lives around Gilead. If I am going to do that, I want to be paid accordingly. We said "thanks, but no thanks" to this company whose day in the sun will fade more quickly than people realize.

Gilead DID interview Genentech reps. The problem is that we at Genentech don't want to go to Gilead - a company that essentially wants you to kiss their butts and revolve our lives around Gilead. If I am going to do that, I want to be paid accordingly. We said "thanks, but no thanks" to this company whose day in the sun will fade more quickly than people realize.

Truth to That...

Same for Merck Reps (except the stupid ones who became beguiled by the apparent Glory)

I WAS a Genentech rep before I recently joined "THE FAMILY" . Wow, its been great. I was told that we are a "PERFORMANCE BASED" company so I should be happy to take a 23% pay cut. Well, Gilead - You were right. I'm happy to get less money as long as I am part of "the Team". Later I found out that I may be the only one on MY TEAM that has any IFN experience. "Our team will never need IFN experience" "We are GILEAD" "WE Shit on those with experience and we drip (literally drip) with ARROGANCE" and we like it like that. Docs should buy us lunch (Low fat and plenty of salad...Don't forget the High cal dessert) and maybe, just maybe we will grant them the privilege of hearing about Sivvoossbyvii"r ( I never could get that name down) Well, I am excited to get my new cell phone. As I understand it, "I will be in constant surveillance from the Home Office...I like the attention!!! golly gee, A real job with real opportunity. Thanks Ro b Ad am ofski for your caring and truthfull answers to my many questions. I just love Integrity! Bye for now. I have to file my last expense report with that pesky Genentech (U Know, that company that always tells the truth and is straight with us. even telling us that we may need to sharpen our Resume skills come late 2015) I just hate honesty. Go fly away Genentech - you just jealous!!!

It will be interesting to see how the Gilead arrogance pans out. Glad I didn't move over.