• Tue news: 23andMe CEO no longer open to takeover. mRNA vaccines may boost cancer immunotherapy. BMS beats $6.4B lawsuit. CVS Health layoffs and potential breakup. JNJ abandoning proposed 340b plan. See more on our front page

How many Abbvie internals regret going over to HCV?

Anonymous

I'm curious. I came over from another division (not Humira - which I would imagine those folks are really regretting coming over here). No one really knew the real deal - the real story... How many pills were there really going to be...how many DDI's were really in there ... How many patients really needed ribavirin as part of the regimen. I mean .... I guess it's our fault that we didn't ask more questions, but we would have been told false things anyways I suppose. I just am wondering how sustainable this job will really be - in terms of scripts, boredom because no one will talk to you because they really prefer the alternative, and if our second generation comes out behind BMS and Merck and we do the same thing and not come out WAY less expensive...I'm keeping my options open because I don't see this realistically ending well. Am I crazy?

<

I'm curious. I came over from another division (not Humira - which I would imagine those folks are really regretting coming over here). No one really knew the real deal - the real story... How many pills were there really going to be...how many DDI's were really in there ... How many patients really needed ribavirin as part of the regimen. I mean .... I guess it's our fault that we didn't ask more questions, but we would have been told false things anyways I suppose. I just am wondering how sustainable this job will really be - in terms of scripts, boredom because no one will talk to you because they really prefer the alternative, and if our second generation comes out behind BMS and Merck and we do the same thing and not come out WAY less expensive...I'm keeping my options open because I don't see this realistically ending well. Am I crazy?

If you're asking the question you already know the answer.

You can wait out and hope for severance over a PIP but depending how many others in your district are getting the boot along with you, you could be interviewing against them for your next position. If you're a gambler wait it out, if not start looking. Also, hope you live in a big metro area. Good luck!

As an outsider I see good data with your regimen. But the reality is that Gilead is a major force to be reckoned with and outplayed you. I am not with Gilead, so please no hating here. I think your company took a gamble and lost, and it absolutely sucks to be on the losing end.

Warehouse and care model? Really ? We deserve a lot of what we get for living in our vacuum I don't blame anyone but us.

See ya later Abbvie

Here's a position I don't get, the HSEs. Who created the position and why?

An example of the stupidity of our company. We lost the contract with UPMC, they went exclusive with Harvoni. Yet, the HSEs are doing some HCV screening/testing program with UPMC. So, we are giving UPMC money to screen patients that will be prescribed Harvoni! How stupid is that? Let Gilead spend money to do this. What a bunch of idiots we are and we look like suckers to boot!

Here's a position I don't get, the HSEs. Who created the position and why?

An example of the stupidity of our company. We lost the contract with UPMC, they went exclusive with Harvoni. Yet, the HSEs are doing some HCV screening/testing program with UPMC. So, we are giving UPMC money to screen patients that will be prescribed Harvoni! How stupid is that? Let Gilead spend money to do this. What a bunch of idiots we are and we look like suckers to boot!

MBOs!!!!!

If it wasn't Humira and you left Metland you were an idiot! Should have been thinking long term. Sounds like you were interested in fueling your ego and not your bank account. Should have talked to people in the know before you jumped. There is a reason some people chose not to make the move over to HCV. Hope you start looking to beat the rush. Good Luck.