• Thurs news: Sage R&D layoffs. Another Sanofi radiopharma deal. Novartis loses bid to block generic. Kezar lupus trial stopped. Why are so many pharmacies closing. See more on our front page

How long before surgical is gone?

Anonymous

They just laid off the Director of Global Product Support "Vance Rogers" in St. Louis and his boss "Steve Gerhardt" in Aliso. Most of engineering is gone and there's nothing in the pipeline at all. Once the Stellaris has run it's course there's nothing left but the street.

1. Vance wouldn’t leave until everything was taken care of so that his departure would be smooth and there wouldn’t be a ripple in the business. 2. You don’t retire and give a week in a half notice. 3. It’s kind of hard to retire from a company when you have no retirement program at all. Valeant has no retirement program for any company they have bought. You call it retire I call it quit. I guess you think it’s a coincidence that his boss left the same day after a week and a half notice. It came down that they’re time was up. They just wanted to go out on there own terms.

1. Vance wouldn’t leave until everything was taken care of so that his departure would be smooth and there wouldn’t be a ripple in the business. 2. You don’t retire and give a week in a half notice. 3. It’s kind of hard to retire from a company when you have no retirement program at all. Valeant has no retirement program for any company they have bought. You call it retire I call it quit. I guess you think it’s a coincidence that his boss left the same day after a week and a half notice. It came down that they’re time was up. They just wanted to go out on there own terms.

Their not they're....you baboon!

IIRC: Valeant maintained the B&L retirement program that B&L had funded up until the mid-2000's. He won't get any Valeant retirement but will get his earned B&L retirement.

If you are talking B+L surgical then I would say dead in the water. I give B+L surgical 1 more year max. Envista sucks, Victus sucks, and Stellaris has no support. You do the math. As a surgical rep I'll probably be selling cell phones in a year.