Hope for R+D and Perlmutter

Anonymous

Trim middle managers, provide new site leadership with proven discovery record, assess programs and bring the science back to scientist. Increase program depth. Remove anyone supportive of past changes and return company to respectable level. I am here to make medicine and support programs. Not interested in politics.

<

Trim middle managers, provide new site leadership with proven discovery record, assess programs and bring the science back to scientist. Increase program depth. Remove anyone supportive of past changes and return company to respectable level. I am here to make medicine and support programs. Not interested in politics.

You forgot the first thing to do: move to Shanghai.

You are in the wrong place!

Has The Rog started working yet? Did he purchase a home in the area yet? Is he buying Peter Kim's estate? Did he sell his CA mansion? Will he be flying the Merck jet weekly to CA? Have more firings (sorry, retirements) begun?

From Perlmutter

Question: After reviewing Merck's research programs, do you see any need for improvements?

Answer: There are going to be some changes that take place. I'm doing a review of (research) programs, processes and people. Already, I can see there are some opportunities for improvements. ... No matter how good your research organization is, and we're very, very good, the majority of good research is done elsewhere (including at universities and smaller companies). I'm eager to take advantage of those programs and bring them in house.

This means our R&D stinks and we must look elsewhere. Let's not look in house.

Has The Rog started working yet? Did he purchase a home in the area yet? Is he buying Peter Kim's estate? Did he sell his CA mansion? Will he be flying the Merck jet weekly to CA? Have more firings (sorry, retirements) begun?

He already got his first set of options coming back for a second time on 04/14. Hopefully he will actually earn them this time around.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/it?s=MRK+Insider+Transactions