Honest question: How many of you are looking for a job right now?

anonymous

I have recently seen several good job postings in my area. I am tempted to apply, but I really don't think I will be laid off due to the business conditions in my territory. The fear is that even I do survive, will this same layoff occur again next year?

Maybe I am being greedy, but I do think I would enjoy getting the severance and then finding a new job if it came to that.

I will admit I am tired of watching people be praised for their success when they simply have an advantageous managed care situation in their territory. I wish Symbicort was on all the plans in my area, but it is not.

What are your thoughts? Do you want to stay or go?

<

I would not rest on the idea of a layoff. If you see an opportunity that gives you experience with a different therapeutic area or is for a company in a much better financial/pipeline situation, go for it. I left AZ for something else not because AZ was bad, but because I knew where I was going had more to offer in terms of financials, management style, culture, and career development. I have not regretted that decision at all.

I would strongly recommend not letting the glory of "layoff" and "severance pay" be the driver. If you get an opportunity to go somewhere that sounds a lot better, don't pass up on it for some free paid time off. I haven't been laid off before, but I can't imagine it's what it's cracked up to be unless you have another gig lined up

I have recently seen several good job postings in my area. I am tempted to apply, but I really don't think I will be laid off due to the business conditions in my territory. The fear is that even I do survive, will this same layoff occur again next year?

Maybe I am being greedy, but I do think I would enjoy getting the severance and then finding a new job if it came to that.

I will admit I am tired of watching people be praised for their success when they simply have an advantageous managed care situation in their territory. I wish Symbicort was on all the plans in my area, but it is not.

What are your thoughts? Do you want to stay or go?

I want to stay with AZ. I have invested 10 years of experiences with our company and really like the culture that has been built during Paul's tenure. With that being said, teams may look much different come July 1st. It's really predicated on who Pascal selects to lead the US business.

If you have an oppotunity that will build your selling acumen as well as further your development. I would say there is nothing wrong with exploring other opportunities, especially if you will get a better incentive package to join that organization. Best of luck.

What a bunch of fucking turds , look for a better job for at least the interview experience and if you find one maybe take it and double dip the piece of shit AZ . If you wait you maybe caught in a shit storm.

1.1BILLION! What's happening right now is not the end of it. Hell, it was just this time last year, Primary Care, was re-organizing. And here we go AGAIN. 1.1BILLION is the target. And I love the spin on the why: it's due to the world financial markets, the strengths of the dollar and out stellar pipe line is ready sooner than we thought!

Resume is always updated and ready to send out. If you're not looking you're late to the party for when the hammer drops and now you're 1 of 200 in your area trying to get a phone screen for the next paycheck opportunity. Happy hunting!

denial obviously comes easy after working at AZ. Never in my life have I seen such horrific selling and a bunch of low intelligence individuals under an umbrella of denial. My advice is go look for another jobs simply to better yourself in your career. AZ turns your skills stagnant, and when you join another company you'll see what I mean.

You couldn't blow me outta here with a keg of dynamite! I LOVE IT HERE! Why in the hell would you want to leave a place that KNOWS you work only a couple of hours a day, and doesn't care??? What the hell is wrong with you people! This layoff will be extremely small, so why not hang around, survive it, and go back to this unbelievable gig??

You couldn't blow me outta here with a keg of dynamite! I LOVE IT HERE! Why in the hell would you want to leave a place that KNOWS you work only a couple of hours a day, and doesn't care??? What the hell is wrong with you people! This layoff will be extremely small, so why not hang around, survive it, and go back to this unbelievable gig??
This is so true!.. Zeneca legacy rep here...... Worked for 20 years before I retired... It has been so crazy over those 20 years regarding layoffs!!.. Worst part of this gravy job is fearing a layoff. I survived 3 layoffs... So much stress it made me sick. FYI... Fear of layoffs started in 1996!!! It is part of Pharma sales!

That's only easy if you don't need the paycheck. If your income is just for discretionary income. But there are a few of those.

Couldn't agree more! There IS no better to company screw than AZ! My hours are 10 to 2, on a long day! Some days, i will deliberately get a very late sig just to make things look good. Or, my spouse and I will go shopping in the farthest part of my territory just to get a gas receipt. I will make 2 or 3 calls while she shops, and off we go!

No, we all have a good gig at AZ! Just be smart about how you screw these bastards! It's worked for me for 16 years!

Couldn't agree more! There IS no better to company screw than AZ! My hours are 10 to 2, on a long day! Some days, i will deliberately get a very late sig just to make things look good. Or, my spouse and I will go shopping in the farthest part of my territory just to get a gas receipt. I will make 2 or 3 calls while she shops, and off we go!

No, we all have a good gig at AZ! Just be smart about how you screw these bastards! It's worked for me for 16 years!

Judging from past hires I expect Debbie Wasserman Schultz to show up in some leadership role.
Doesn't she remind you of a few of our DMs and CBDs?