• Fri news: Gilead withdraws bladder cancer drug. Amgen and Intercept PDUFA date pushback. CVS replaces CEO. Supernus depression trial. AbbVie Parkinson’s approval. See more on our front page

Hiring Practices

there are overall ass-backward hiring practices at this company in general.

you work here and you want to promote to onc? Sorry were only hiring people from other companies. Our own talent is too dumb to work in onc and our training department isnt capable of training them either. you work here and you want to promote to bss? Sorry were only hiring people from other companies. Our own talent is too dumb to work in that division too, and besides, you don't have any experience with buy and bill, and our training department is also too dumb to teach you that too. Oh by the way were gonna have you and the entire inhaled team selling Fasenra because the bss team we hired externally is too dumb to sell the product on their own even though were paying them twice what you are making.

ive known CBDs here who have banned their entire region from applying for internal promotions in other divisions, and who flat out won't promote anyone in their region in general who they like because they don't want to lose their own talent pool. nice.

ive also known DSMs there who have openly said won't hire any young females because they don't want to deal with the hassle incase they get pregnant.

ive known DSMs there who have openly said that certain opportunites were not appropriate for women within the district who had children because they would have to do overnights.

ass backward, discriminatory, and downright illegal hiring practices are rampant there so i wouldnt be surprise one bit if they all of a sudden decided to change their tune and all of a sudden only hire cheap inexpenced newbies.

glad i left after id had enough of the bs. i know i wasn't alone either - obviously with all the biohaven exits.

there are overall ass-backward hiring practices at this company in general.

you work here and you want to promote to onc? Sorry were only hiring people from other companies. Our own talent is too dumb to work in onc and our training department isnt capable of training them either. you work here and you want to promote to bss? Sorry were only hiring people from other companies. Our own talent is too dumb to work in that division too, and besides, you don't have any experience with buy and bill, and our training department is also too dumb to teach you that too. Oh by the way were gonna have you and the entire inhaled team selling Fasenra because the bss team we hired externally is too dumb to sell the product on their own even though were paying them twice what you are making.

ive known CBDs here who have banned their entire region from applying for internal promotions in other divisions, and who flat out won't promote anyone in their region in general who they like because they don't want to lose their own talent pool. nice.

ive also known DSMs there who have openly said won't hire any young females because they don't want to deal with the hassle incase they get pregnant.

ive known DSMs there who have openly said that certain opportunites were not appropriate for women within the district who had children because they would have to do overnights.

ass backward, discriminatory, and downright illegal hiring practices are rampant there so i wouldnt be surprise one bit if they all of a sudden decided to change their tune and all of a sudden only hire cheap inexpenced newbies.

glad i left after id had enough of the bs. i know i wasn't alone either - obviously with all the biohaven exits.

I worked as a dm in primary care for another large pharma co and it was exactly the same way... There were plenty of opportunities in other areas like oncology that PC reps were frankly completely discounted as having any business in applying for these jobs- virtually impossible for SUCCESSFUL PC reps to apply for and move into specialty positions. My last few years I was very candid with those interested in moving up and told them they had a better shot landing a specialty role with an outside company vs. internal. Ridiculous but true. Several did just that and landed specialty roles and are making a ton more $. There is no premium paid for loyalty anymore, in fact you are penalized.

I worked as a dm in primary care for another large pharma co and it was exactly the same way... There were plenty of opportunities in other areas like oncology that PC reps were frankly completely discounted as having any business in applying for these jobs- virtually impossible for SUCCESSFUL PC reps to apply for and move into specialty positions. My last few years I was very candid with those interested in moving up and told them they had a better shot landing a specialty role with an outside company vs. internal. Ridiculous but true. Several did just that and landed specialty roles and are making a ton more $. There is no premium paid for loyalty anymore, in fact you are penalized.
So true! The industry is a joke anymore. Run by incompetent leaders who have major inferiority complexes.

So true! The industry is a joke anymore. Run by incompetent leaders who have major inferiority complexes.
You're the joke. Only a dam fool like you would complain about a job that pays you 6 figures + while working about 25 hours each week. Don't lie and say you work more, we all know who you are and we know the truth.

You're the joke. Only a dam fool like you would complain about a job that pays you 6 figures + while working about 25 hours each week. Don't lie and say you work more, we all know who you are and we know the truth.