Hiring freeze and cancelled NSF?

<

Waiting for 3 things: analyze calibration data; early competition sales data; SD to make a decision.

Ironically, the better the competition does at the start, the better chance more keep our jobs.

SD = ShonDod ?

July 1 is effective date of Realignments after Collapsing of Open Territories, and Manager Spots. PCP territories are getting 30% bigger. Zero to small increase for Specialty territories.

As long as PCP hiring freezes stay in effect it points to a broader Phase II restructuring still to come. Less scrubs wearing sample delivery people in the field, less home office support staff needed.

Telling that Japan ups our 5yr goals for Fezo by another 1$b and yet we continue to downsize PCP. Early indicator this will be highly targeted Specialty marketing and not shotgunning PCPs. Will we even have a PCP force, or will we just move some to Specialty and cover high decile PCP with them? Over/Under of 225 in Women's Health Care Team announced for 2022FY. That would mean a further reduction of 125 from current Spec/PCP team. We just absorbed 75 PCP/Spec spots, more to absorb next year. If layoffs have to occur, hopefully they will get rid of deadwood in both PCP and Spec. Less RSM and ASD spots needed too, lots of dry kindling there. Less promotion opportunities for rep to manager spots. The brightest spot is more promotions to Oncology will occur as those reps jump ship to other Oncology companies for $30k raises.

Telling that Japan ups our 5yr goals for Fezo by another 1$b and yet we continue to downsize PCP. Early indicator this will be highly targeted Specialty marketing and not shotgunning PCPs. Will we even have a PCP force, or will we just move some to Specialty and cover high decile PCP with them? Over/Under of 225 in Women's Health Care Team announced for 2022FY. That would mean a further reduction of 125 from current Spec/PCP team. We just absorbed 75 PCP/Spec spots, more to absorb next year. If layoffs have to occur, hopefully they will get rid of deadwood in both PCP and Spec. Less RSM and ASD spots needed too, lots of dry kindling there. Less promotion opportunities for rep to manager spots. The brightest spot is more promotions to Oncology will occur as those reps jump ship to other Oncology companies for $30k raises.

First glance, I thought you were full of doggy doo. Then I noticed that an opening is not posted and our manager just shrugged their shoulders on the last regional call when we asked the status of it. Layoffs may not occur next March if enough people leave by then, however we will have realignments and bigger territories as we get smaller.

Explain the rationale for just absorbing 70 territories then.

Old Pharma = Multiple Reps per smaller territory calling on any doc they can see, many of whom are easier to see with little potential = massive waste of time and resources.

New Pharma = One Rep per larger territory calling on high value docs only = higher return on time investment and increased profitablity.

Our PCP sales force is half what it was 6 years ago and our sales in PCP continue to go up. Explain that contradiction since you advocate bigger is better for Fezo?

We can always add later if we want to go after the massive amount of low decile deadwood docs.

Exactly my point, traditionally, you start big, then taper off on headcount in line with lifecycle of drug.....so, to start smaller and add as needed doesn’t make sense . You have one shot to launch fezo right.

Old Pharma = Multiple Reps per smaller territory calling on any doc they can see, many of whom are easier to see with little potential = massive waste of time and resources.

New Pharma = One Rep per larger territory calling on high value docs only = higher return on time investment and increased profitablity.

Our PCP sales force is half what it was 6 years ago and our sales in PCP continue to go up. Explain that contradiction since you advocate bigger is better for Fezo?

We can always add later if we want to go after the massive amount of low decile deadwood docs.

Exactly my point, traditionally, you start big, then taper off on headcount in line with lifecycle of drug.....so, to start smaller and add as needed doesn’t make sense . You have one shot to launch fezo right.

Key word is 'traditionally'. Small territories, multiple reps, and calling on everyone is a dead concept. Smaller force, larger territories and targeted selling is the new focus. Reps who are traditional in their process, and unwilling to change and learn to target, will be obsolete. Enjoy working at Bubba's Used Cars next year.

Key word is 'traditionally'. Small territories, multiple reps, and calling on everyone is a dead concept. Smaller force, larger territories and targeted selling is the new focus. Reps who are traditional in their process, and unwilling to change and learn to target, will be obsolete. Enjoy working at Bubba's Used Cars next year.

For years the threat of virtual selling has been there...
Everyone knows, even the higher ups, NOTHING beats face to face selling. Period.
Now,...
If the “new pharma” is targeted , then I would ask to look around . Because, I don’t see layoffs , I don’t see scale backs supporting this “new pharma “ model?
What big pharma company is laying off and saying “hey guys, we are gonna be more targeted “? (Might be 1 or 2 exceptions ,but not mainstream ) maybe a drug that’s like 10 years on the market? But not when your launching a drug like fezo ...

when I see big pharma (ASTELLAS is not big pharma) doing what you say is the “new pharma” , I’ll go along ,...

we have a competitor for fezo coming right behind us , why would ASTELLAS roll the dice and lean heavy on virtual ??

...and it’s not the “reps who are unwilling to change and target l” that become obsolete , it’s leadership that make that call when it comes to a drug like fezo.
They tell the reps to zoom in/out

and I’ve been to Bubba’s car lot , they have some good deals