• Tue news: 23andMe CEO no longer open to takeover. mRNA vaccines may boost cancer immunotherapy. BMS beats $6.4B lawsuit. CVS Health layoffs and potential breakup. JNJ abandoning proposed 340b plan. See more on our front page

Hey West GOG Bob -you're killing us

Anonymous

Contrary to conventional wisdom, having the CTL's ride with us twice a month is harmful to our relationships with and access to our customer's. There are only a handful left that will allow more than 1 rep for fear that a stealth CTL's will sneak in.

<

This stupidity started long before Bob joined us. I actually think he is a pretty good guy. That said, it won't take long for the Merck legal dept. to fuck his head up just like they fuck up everthing else around here. Merck and the U.S. have the same major problem: way, way, way too many lawyers. They produce nothing and complicate everything. Especially the ones in elected office.

He's nothing but a glad-hander trying to move along the upper food chain. He's the same as all the other folks at this level at this company.

You hear his analogies? Turns out that Big Bob played some football. Yeah, I'm sure he was real good. Practice, practice, practice. Uh-huh. What a freaking joke. One huge difference between your good old football days and life at merck. You had control of what you did on a football field, and there was at least some sense of what needed to be done. Here at merck there is no sense in anything we do. Legal handcuffs have completely stifled the sales force. Until you get that and change it, we're going nowhere. Now let's see if you can do anything about it. Stop acting so freaking peppy every time we hear you on MVX. Nobody in the field is peppy, only management.

You're about to witness first hand the poor decisions the company has made about how it will go about it's business with managed care. It's going to be a brutal second half, and an even more brutal next year. The end is near.

Until you get the truth about how unmotivated the field force is and for the reasons why, you'll never straighten this out. We got DCO's who only want to hear kool-aid and as a consequence, never get to the real issues at the bottom. It's not safe to speak up, and some of these DCO's are toxic, particularly in the west. It's so sickening that it's unbelievable. We all sit in meetings and sing the company praises. As soon as the meeting lets out we're all talking amongst ourselves how unbelievably horrible it has become. Nobody trusts anybody-especially these managers and S3's-most of whom should never have been named as S3's.

So keep your head buried and you can all wonder why we suck ass so bad. Get ready-it's going to get a lot worse. You MBA types are something to laugh it. Nobody could have ruined things as quickly as you did.

The CTL's should ride with us more often than 2 times per month, 3 if they really want to get something done

Yeah, that's soooo funny. What's whacked is that many managers here actually believe this. If they want to "service" my territory so bad, just fire me and call on the docs themselves. I'm fine with that. A holes.

Here's a reality check for all of you. I've been around the block. I've been thrown under the bus and I've had the upper hand and returned the favor. Anybody who makes it to this position knows the power game. That's what separates us from you. We don't "sell". Selling is for the birds like you. We act. We are the modern day courtiers. We are in the inner circle of the kingdom. We do it for the money and for the power. Once you taste it, you have a thirst that must be quenched. None of us are here to save the world. We only care about the patients because it is necessary. Just like a liquor store owner cares about his drunks. We don't want them to die. We want them to consume.

I'm not here to save Merck. I'm not here for you or the "culture". I'm here for me. 450k +. And the power. The real pursuit.

Remember you are all constantly being manipulated and controlled while you are here. Nothing will change. How many different ways have they changed your job titles? How many different ways have they changed your bonus? Has it mattered? We know the answer to that don't we.

Your either in the know (me) or your powerless (you). But the truth is most of you can't handle power. Your afraid of it. Your afraid of what it will cost. Or your not smart enough to play the game. Remember we the real actors and courtiers. The rest are light weights. You know the types.

Your only powerless while Merck employs you. You walk out the door and you become powerful; you become liberated. Not what you thought right!

So remember to practice, practice practice. And don't forget the importance of business planning.

Be well,

Bob