Henry Schein Job Info- Field Sales Consultant

Anonymous

I just finished my second interview with Henry Schein and am scheduled for a third one next week. I would love some inside info on the perks of this job, benefits, car allowance, phone, mileage reimbursement, ect. Did/Do you like working for the company? How good is there sales Training? What state is the training in? I know that these things will be answered in time I just want to be as researched as possible. Any info would be appreciated.

<

I would like to ask the same question too. I have an interview 8/26/10 with Henry Schein in northern CA for the Field Sales Consultant position. I'm interested to know what the average starting base is (given that there is commission involved). Anyone? Thank you!

100% commission. Their are 4 tiers.
1. Rookie-$35k base plus 6k expenses (I think). Base can be more in different markets.
2. Commission plus small expense account.
3. Full commission
4. full commission and no hold back to hit numbers.

Draw is based on 80% of previous years merchandise sales.

Lots of dental specific training at HS.

Hope this helps.

I have been looking into this same position. What would a realistic salary be after 2-3 years? Obviously that depends on how you do, territory, etc...but what would average be? Also how fast do you get pushed through the 4 tiers the opening poster mentioned? I have done some search online and havent came up with much. One website had the average for the FSC position at only 60k! Thanks

I would say that 2-3 years out you should be making $60k; $60k is certainly not the average reps pay. I started with Schein 7 years ago and I'll make ~$150k this year.
How quickly you move thru the tiers is totally dependent on how much you sell, it's not the same for everyone.
I'd say you could expect to be on Tier 1 for your first year. Tier 2 for your second year. Tier 3, 3-10 years. Tier 4, 10+ years.
Hope this helps! Schein is a great company to work for and you're only limited by yourself.

Schein matches 100% of your 401k contribution up to 7% after your first year.

Medical, dental, and optometry benefits are all or none and start the day you start.

My guarantee was set at 45k with the non taxed auto allowance of 6600. I was on this for about a year and a half. Tier 2 is commission (lower rate than tier 3&4) with the auto allowance. Now on 3rd tier after 3.5 years, no allowance but higher commission rate. Just based on merchandise sales, on track to make 98k.

Awesome company, great culture, stays relevant... Good luck!

Well they offered me a guarantee for two years and hired a lot of people from the competition.

They renegotiated my contract and now I make less than a fast food worker after expenses.

I think they are a good company but my territory was cut so much that I can't make it.

House is on the market and I am having a rough time. I am happy for those making 6 figures I used to be one of them. Sometimes circumstances change beyond your control. I work 60 hours a week and have fierce competition. Best wishes to you.

Oh, this company is full of dog shit!!!!

It is basically 100% commission for reps and the managers can't even get their reps to come in for training on new products!!!!!

Bunch of fat lazy redneck assholes!!!!!

Right Rodney!!!! You ass sack of rotted pulled pork!!!!!!

By the way Rod, there is something new called mouthwash and deodorant!!!! Try to wash those rolls of flab!!!!

You stink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are starving for a job the FSM job may be for you until something better comes along. If at all possible avoid the Chicago market as management ha no clue about the medical business and will tell you anything just to hear their own voices. They recently hired a manger that used to sell forklifts and the other was an unsuccessful finance guy. Ask either one what a band aid is and they have trouble explaining it. If you have them in front of a customer and expect an intelligent answer to a legitimate healthcare question, forget it, they are clueless. Within the past 4 months 10 seasoned reps have left due to the new management changes. This is not a good place to work right now!! The zone manager is a hillbilly from South Carolina and thinks his name is "Billy Bob" ! They start you at 40k and tell you you will be making 75k in 2 years but while you are trying to build up to that your competitors and the reps that left will take advantage of your inexperience and take your business before you know it. Do Not believe what you hear in the interview! The 3 headed monster will kill you, the zone manager and 2 clueless regional managers. Reps are looking to get out and along with some of the others that were making 150k there are a couple of more making 200k that will leave if the right offer comes along. Beware!!

Rumors have it that the Chicago territory is currently being run by a Hillbilly, Scott Norene, a Jew with no clue, Stu Jacover who was previously a forklift driver and Tony Barrata who was brought into management because he could not sell but loves to talk and will repeat himself 3-4 times on the same subject. Henry Schein Chicago has gone from a company with little turnover and the average sales rep with 10 years experience to a mass exodus in the past 3 years and a total of 15 seasoned reps leaving. This should tell you something going into an interview. If you want to use it as a stepping stone, good luck but keep your resume updated as the average new rep will only last 6-12 months. They will suck you in by telling you that you can have existing accounts left by the vacating reps but they don't tell you that these reps have had relationships with these customers for 10 plus years and will get the business back once their non compete's are up. If you want to be bent over when you start losing business then feel free to take a job with these butt surfing faggots but make sure you post your experience on here after you are gone. Also, watch out for the sexual harassment brought on by the "Jew with no clue" he's a real fuckin gem!!

Re: HCA Job Info- Hosp Sales Rep.

Can anyone share any info. about the Hospital Sales positions for the HCA Hospitals? Salary, bonus, working conditions, etc.
I notice there is a lot of turn over. Are people quitting? or getting fired?