• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

Heard ABT received 510k clearance for a Wireless Meter. What is the Approved HCT?

<

Looks like it will be 57.

yes, thanks for your feedback. After careful review, it will be closer to a 59. This will give them some room to precipitate between 59 and 69. The calibration needs to be exact so as not to disturb the ions within the float. just stay tuned and more information will follow.

It is approved for 30-60 and can be verified on the FDA website. I was able to find it in only a few minutes. This is terrible and nothing my Hospital could ever consider. Why cant Abbott ever get it right?

Nothing we are seeing is "new news", but rather the result of projects started a long time ago. ABT has not invested in anything innovative in BGM for many years.

The closet thing was the new strips a few years back, but that was driven by changing FDA regulations. And even then, that strip has been developed years ago.

None of the "new products" management has "leaked" in confidence to us is new; these are just various iterations of products that have been in the pipe for many years, and will never see the light of day, because they were developed when the BGM market looked completely different. They are irrelevant to the conditions of tomorrow, which is all we are concerned about today.

The only thing in BGM that means anything now is lowest cost, simple and cheap to market. This is a price game now. It's all about driving cost out. Which ever company can do that best wins: they win the bids and Plans.

Docs write "BGM", and what ever is on formulary is what patients will get. No samples, detailing, marketing, etc.

DOA

NO one is talking about it. Not allowed to mention it. I left this hell hole due to the unethical behavior and fraudulent activities. This meter is a scam like the entire business unit.

DOA

NO one is talking about it. Not allowed to mention it. I left this hell hole due to the unethical behavior and fraudulent activities. This meter is a scam like the entire business unit.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Most horribly run division in the organization. Scams and theft at every turn. To rise or survive one must be morally corrupt and willing to be run over and destroyed. There is no justice and no where to turn. The only option in ADC is to flee sadly.

DOA

No buzz on launching this, like ADC was caught off guard. Or more likely, because no plan to actually launching it. Putting this thing into production costs money, as does selling it. Anyone doubting where this division is going only needs to consider this ... more hand writing on the wall.