Head Hunter here...listen up!

anonymous

After reading through many comments here, let me just say that all you reps are in a very precarious situation. It is a huge mistake to hang on because you're waiting for a severance package or are worried you have to pay back the sign on bonus.

The fact bis that every day you are with this company, is a huge waste. What are you going to put down on your resume? You sold absolutely nothing! And when you are being asked why you stayed so long and waited, you are going to refer to the severance package and the sign-on bonus?

Keep in mind that you, in order to get your next job will be competing with individuals that have a stellar sales record. That will catch the hiring managers eye. The fact that you sold nothing, even though it is not your fault, does not look good. Period. Hiring managers have to justify their hire and that is easiest to do when hiring someone who, on his last job, knocked it out of the park. I for one, do not want to be asked why I submitted the resume of a candidate with Zero sales. I don't even want this question to come up, let alone answer it. The client is my customer, bread and butter. I want him to be happy. That you need a job is secondary.

Waiting has another big risk for you: After the 60 day WARN period you are under tremendous pressure to find the right job, at which you MUST succeed if you want to remain marketable. Two failed sales jobs and it is over for you because you are competing with successful candidates. On top of that you are now competing with tons of other applicants from your company that make it even more difficult. Let me be perfectly clear: The chance that you find "your" job a) within 60 days, b) in your area with c) ZERO sales when there are d) more successful candidates is close to ZERO!

You are then unemployed, and your market value sinks drastically. You may have to accept a job with 20-30 K less and that will follow you throughout your career.

Now, do you still want to hang on to your sign-on bonus and waiting for severance?

If so, best of luck to you.You have been warned.

<

Thanks for the advice, but you are no head hunter. First, recruiters hate to be called that. Secondly, a recruiter would never waste time giving advice to anyone they were not actively pursuing. But if trying to stir the pot makes for some fun for you, then head hunt away.

After reading through many comments here, let me just say that all you reps are in a very precarious situation. It is a huge mistake to hang on because you're waiting for a severance package or are worried you have to pay back the sign on bonus.

The fact bis that every day you are with this company, is a huge waste. What are you going to put down on your resume? You sold absolutely nothing! And when you are being asked why you stayed so long and waited, you are going to refer to the severance package and the sign-on bonus?

Keep in mind that you, in order to get your next job will be competing with individuals that have a stellar sales record. That will catch the hiring managers eye. The fact that you sold nothing, even though it is not your fault, does not look good. Period. Hiring managers have to justify their hire and that is easiest to do when hiring someone who, on his last job, knocked it out of the park. I for one, do not want to be asked why I submitted the resume of a candidate with Zero sales. I don't even want this question to come up, let alone answer it. The client is my customer, bread and butter. I want him to be happy. That you need a job is secondary.

Waiting has another big risk for you: After the 60 day WARN period you are under tremendous pressure to find the right job, at which you MUST succeed if you want to remain marketable. Two failed sales jobs and it is over for you because you are competing with successful candidates. On top of that you are now competing with tons of other applicants from your company that make it even more difficult. Let me be perfectly clear: The chance that you find "your" job a) within 60 days, b) in your area with c) ZERO sales when there are d) more successful candidates is close to ZERO!

You are then unemployed, and your market value sinks drastically. You may have to accept a job with 20-30 K less and that will follow you throughout your career.

Now, do you still want to hang on to your sign-on bonus and waiting for severance?

Well, I had to adjust to making less after I left the field and it's not the end of the world. In fact, living without the fear of layoff and/or the stress of working under a sociopathic sales manager could be just what's needed. You can always adjust your lifestyle and become comfortable with earning less at a job you enjoy. People do this all the time - quite common in today's economy. Don't live in fear. Don't be afraid to shed those golden handcuffs when the time is right.

Thanks for the advice, but you are no head hunter. First, recruiters hate to be called that. Secondly, a recruiter would never waste time giving advice to anyone they were not actively pursuing. But if trying to stir the pot makes for some fun for you, then head hunt away.

Agree. This is some C quality BS.

Suit yourself. Would you like my office phone number?

Trust me, I know....nearly every candidate lies, omits, exaggerates, stretches the truth...It's my job to read between the lies and look at supporting sales data. What happens a lot is that several candidates from the same company apply. Once we look at supporting sales data, the format, font size, font type, etc differs between the data submitted by these candidates. Usually, I don't bother trying to figure out which one is halfway honest, I don't have time for that...Most likely I dump all candidates, from that firm, because I have so many applicants to chose from. Before I dump the resume, the candidates go on a "Red" list. Every candidate that applies is either entered on this list or checked. If they appear, I don't proceed with them. Do you have any idea how many resumes I get for any given Pharma job? Trust me, I can be very selective...
Anyways, thanks for the response, I wish you the very best...

Trust me, I know....nearly every candidate lies, omits, exaggerates, stretches the truth...It's my job to read between the lies and look at supporting sales data. What happens a lot is that several candidates from the same company apply. Once we look at supporting sales data, the format, font size, font type, etc differs between the data submitted by these candidates. Usually, I don't bother trying to figure out which one is halfway honest, I don't have time for that...Most likely I dump all candidates, from that firm, because I have so many applicants to chose from. Before I dump the resume, the candidates go on a "Red" list. Every candidate that applies is either entered on this list or checked. If they appear, I don't proceed with them. Do you have any idea how many resumes I get for any given Pharma job? Trust me, I can be very selective...
Anyways, thanks for the response, I wish you the very best...

I agree. No way you are what you say, but I do wish you the very best. Fortunately, we all can be very selective.

To the poster: You're an AS%hole of the tallest order. You are not a recruiter, you are a scumbag. You don't think several employees here haven't been through this before? Go away idiot and I hope Karma hit you in the ass. For taking that long to write that mess of a message only confirms you are a psychopath.

The OP of this thread is an attention starved whack job.
I disagree. Not every recruiter minds being called a headhunter. You could have taken him up on his offer to give out his phone number, but you opted not to. Would have pretty quickly established whether he/she is fake or not. What he wrote certainly makes sense.

I disagree. Not every recruiter minds being called a headhunter. You could have taken him up on his offer to give out his phone number, but you opted not to. Would have pretty quickly established whether he/she is fake or not. What he wrote certainly makes sense.

What a dummy. Ain’t nobody gonna put their legit phone # on here. You’re just as gullible now as you were when you signed of to sell Adu. Moron.

What a moron!! Who is "knocking it out of the park" on the other side of a pandemic??? Who else is "stellar sales" in this industry?? Nothing earth shattering here. Another applicant who was turned down who is now posing as a recruiter trying to give CP career advice blahahahahaha