• Tue news: 23andMe CEO no longer open to takeover. mRNA vaccines may boost cancer immunotherapy. BMS beats $6.4B lawsuit. CVS Health layoffs and potential breakup. JNJ abandoning proposed 340b plan. See more on our front page

HCV is over Abbvie

anonymous

People are either leaving or trying to leave. When positions open, they don't backfill. The leaders are CLUELESS. And oh ya...no one wants to use VP. Lootz and Loui Loui need to go. Followed by that jerky boy (TM). This is a Gilead market and Merck will now pick up the scraps. Its been fun (for a week) but I am out of here.........good luck begging and bribing ya all. I didn't go to college for this.

<

he or she speaks the truth and you know it. And who uses the word retarded? Are you in high school? Sounds like your jealous they got a new job and you are stuck in this sinking ship. Its being your lifevest to work week!

Abbvie HCV reps should be ashamed of themselves. They force an inferior product on poor HCV pts. Really, you need to try to move to Gilead, Merck or buy a food truck.

Look, if Lootz and Louie Louie don't see that we will get absolutely NO SCRIPTS when Merck hits the shelves in August then I don't know what to tell you. A Doc would have to be nuts to write us in renal when Merck is 99% SVR (115/116) and NO RBV. If we are not priced at a WAC of $50-55K ($15-20K after discounts) in 2016 then I will be shocked if we get even one script. And don't forget about DAC + SOF. It's going to get some use because it is very easy to manage DDIs by changing the DAC dose. 2016 is going to suck at Abbvie HCV.

Look, if Lootz and Louie Louie don't see that we will get absolutely NO SCRIPTS when Merck hits the shelves in August then I don't know what to tell you. A Doc would have to be nuts to write us in renal when Merck is 99% SVR (115/116) and NO RBV. If we are not priced at a WAC of $50-55K ($15-20K after discounts) in 2016 then I will be shocked if we get even one script. And don't forget about DAC + SOF. It's going to get some use because it is very easy to manage DDIs by changing the DAC dose. 2016 is going to suck at Abbvie HCV.

This irrefutable. We are F*ed so many ways now, thanks to the rumpswabs who run HCV...into the GUTTER. Thanks LootzieLouieLouie, FOR NOTHING!

Abbvie HCV reps should be ashamed of themselves. They force an inferior product on poor HCV pts. Really, you need to try to move to Gilead, Merck or buy a food truck.
It's actually not a bad product at all for efficacy. Gilead just has the upper hand with their convenience, it's as simple as that.

Correction: I meant to say, "when Merck hits the shelves in JANUARY."

And by the way, Merck will be launching with an indication in ESRD (dialysis). Our shitty 20 patient study won't be enough for a label update/indication and the second part of RUBY (which will add more patients) won't be completed until after Merck launches. Brillant job again by Clinical Development. Absolutely no sense of urgency at all.

It's actually not a bad product at all for efficacy. Gilead just has the upper hand with their convenience, it's as simple as that.

And better contracts with the PBM's. How did they eff that up in the beginning? They should have given VK away and made it up on volume. Too late now. Contracts in place, market leader entrenched, other options hitting the market. VK is done like Olysio is done.

And better contracts with the PBM's. How did they eff that up in the beginning? They should have given VK away and made it up on volume. Too late now. Contracts in place, market leader entrenched, other options hitting the market. VK is done like Olysio is done.

Ricky demanded $3B in year 1. Can't make it work at $15K net price. Astonishingly enough, in several cases, payors actually chose Havoni over offers of VP at at $21K per 12 week that were SIGNIFICANTLY lower than Harvoni. Not managed care fault. P&T made up of community practitioners who wanted Harvoni. While VP is very good (absolutely great efficacy), physician experience with Sovaldi and GREAT Harvoni label determined preference. Why?

In my opinion, the war was lost in R&D where GILD developed a much more commercially minded clinical program that ultimately resonated with physicians and KOLs. Our label cannot compete.

This was DOA as soon as it was learned that Harvoni has 8 week SVR in Dec 2013.

We did a B+ but GILD did a A+

Not really anyone's "fault", just done exceedingly well by GILD. Hopefully we can learn from this.

On the positive side, venetoclax and inbruvica will and do crush Zydelig.

Ricky demanded $3B in year 1. Can't make it work at $15K net price. Astonishingly enough, in several cases, payors actually chose Havoni over offers of VP at at $21K per 12 week that were SIGNIFICANTLY lower than Harvoni. Not managed care fault. P&T made up of community practitioners who wanted Harvoni. While VP is very good (absolutely great efficacy), physician experience with Sovaldi and GREAT Harvoni label determined preference. Why?

In my opinion, the war was lost in R&D where GILD developed a much more commercially minded clinical program that ultimately resonated with physicians and KOLs. Our label cannot compete.

Not really anyone's "fault", just done exceedingly well by GILD. Hopefully we can learn from this.

Given what you've said, it spunds like 2016 will be especially brutal. Our Viekira Pak study program is still full speed ahead though. So, from that perspective it doesn't seem we are giving up yet. My question to you is, will the company stay in the game long enough to launch the Next Generation regimen. That is supoosedly looking really good right now but will be very late to the game. How long do we have here? If we don't get laid off in the next couple of months, should we stick it out or look elsewhere now?

Good points. But you missed the key item which is the main problem. Ribivarin

Given what you've said, it spunds like 2016 will be especially brutal. Our Viekira Pak study program is still full speed ahead though. So, from that perspective it doesn't seem we are giving up yet. My question to you is, will the company stay in the game long enough to launch the Next Generation regimen. That is supoosedly looking really good right now but will be very late to the game. How long do we have here? If we don't get laid off in the next couple of months, should we stick it out or look elsewhere now?

VP is going to plateau now (in spite of the VA business) - BMS drug being written also and getting approved (in my area). Once Merck hits the market it will be a managed care battle once again, but I think we may end up with a goose egg in the end. I'm getting a bad feeling about what's to come - seriously. If your numbers and rankings are good now and you have a small territory - pursuing something else now would be a smart idea. At least start looking and interviewing. If we loose VA and most managed care next year - we are ALL toast. Nobody's numbers and rankings will be good - so look now to be smart. I'm considered a "lifer" here and I'm finally realizing that I must be smart about this because staying will be very miserable anyway you slice it.

Who cares? There won't be many field sales positions for those drugs for the majority of the reps stuck here.