• Wed news: 2025 Medicare drug price negotiations. BioAge Labs aiming at $180M IPO. Merck Keytruda colorectal cancer flop. Sanofi gets bids for consumer health unit. Novo Nordisk CEO in Senate hot seat. See more on our front page

has anyone ever been rehired after being laid off

anonymous

my understanding is that if a position becomes available then you can apply if you qualify. The better question is do they ever really bring someone back or discourage it? The company is running pretty lean so I was not sure if someone had experience with this.

<

my understanding is that if a position becomes available then you can apply if you qualify. The better question is do they ever really bring someone back or discourage it? The company is running pretty lean so I was not sure if someone had experience with this.

Couple of issues:
I don't know if they have settled on any one policy after all the purchases over the years. I had a manager have to reapply for his position he was laid off from less than a month before. I had a coworker told they would not be allowed to be interviewed for ANY position
Forest has a 'you are dead to me' mentality. Once you are separated from the company for whatever reason they don't want you back. They feel you will have been poisoned (their word) by exposure to the way other companies do business.
As for 'running lean'. That's funny.

Couple of issues:
I don't know if they have settled on any one policy after all the purchases over the years. I had a manager have to reapply for his position he was laid off from less than a month before. I had a coworker told they would not be allowed to be interviewed for ANY position
Forest has a 'you are dead to me' mentality. Once you are separated from the company for whatever reason they don't want you back. They feel you will have been poisoned (their word) by exposure to the way other companies do business.
As for 'running lean'. That's funny.

The running lean reference comes directly from the separation paperwork. They state they are running lean so openings will be scarce in the future. And as for wanting to come back...I don't...but I need a paycheck and jobs making decent money are scarce in my area.

If you were laid off and you are wanted back at the company, you will know because you will be told directly by your manager or RD. They will bust ass trying to find you a good spot. It's not a secret.

If you've had no such conversation, you're done here whether you wish to "reapply" or not. The only way to get back in is to join a start-up. Then when Allergan buys that start up, voila! You're an employee again and get to start the process all over again.

Must vary among legacy/divisions. I can think of two hired back, but both left and weren't laid off. Good luck.

The running lean reference comes directly from the separation paperwork. They state they are running lean so openings will be scarce in the future. And as for wanting to come back...I don't...but I need a paycheck and jobs making decent money are scarce in my area.

Well if they said it in the paperwork you know it's a lie
As for needing the pay check, I feel ya!

If you were laid off and you are wanted back at the company, you will know because you will be told directly by your manager or RD. They will bust ass trying to find you a good spot. It's not a secret.

If you've had no such conversation, you're done here whether you wish to "reapply" or not. The only way to get back in is to join a start-up. Then when Allergan buys that start up, voila! You're an employee again and get to start the process all over again.

100% accurate!