• Mon news: Ventyx gets boost from Sanofi. PhRMA IRA legal challenge gets new life. AZ breast cancer drug disappoints. Teva’s once-monthly schizophrenia med. AZ gets FDA approval for first self-administered flu vaccine. See more on our front page

GPSC, MAP, CEE what’s going on?

anonymous

9 months after stupidly following Accenture’s TfG structure, we are now blindly following BCG’s advice on org design, cutting substantial headcount. None of this will fix US underperformance and any talent remaining will run for the exit.

<

There are no company values anymore at Novartis. This place is in a constant state of disruption, cutting, reorganizing….
It sucks, it’s exhausting and demoralizing. Why should we go the extra mile when we get treated like shit?

Novartis is creating two silos. No doubt that global will be reinstated within a year to drive efficiencies and address the issues created by the silos. Why does it have to be such a rigid split when there are obvious global tasks?

25 years and I'm alive here still
Trying to get up that great big hill of hope
For a destination
I realized quickly when I knew I should
That the world was made up of this
Brotherhood of man
For whatever that means
And so I cry somethimes when I'm lying in bed
Just to get it all out what's in my head
And I'm, I am feeling a little peculiar
So I wake in the morning and I step outside
And I take deep breath and I get real high
And I scream from the top of my lungs
What's goin' on
And I say hey...
And I say hey what's goin' on
And I say hey...
I said hey what's goin' on
Oooh...
Oooh...
And I try, oh my God do I try
I try all the time
In this institution
And I pray, oh my God do I pray
I pray every single day
For a revolution
And so I cry sometimes when I'm lying in bed
Just to get it all out what's in my head
And I'm, I am feeling a little peculiar
So I wake in the morning and I step outside
And I take deep breath and I get real high
And I scream from the top of my lungs
What's goin'on
And I say hey...
And I say hey...
And I say hey...
And I say hey...
Oooh...
25 years and I'm alive here still
Trying to get up that great big hill of hope
For a destination

Novartis is creating two silos. No doubt that global will be reinstated within a year to drive efficiencies and address the issues created by the silos. Why does it have to be such a rigid split when there are obvious global tasks?

Based on the current logic, US business has to be divested not being in a market leading position. NVS will concentrate on markets where holding the position of market leader and will use the proceedings for share acquisitions. Therefore rigid split makes total sense, no need for global organisation in the future.

They need to purge some of the reps from field forces where they have way too many bodies such as CV. Way too many reps and roles that still don’t serve any purpose despite a realignment. The new renal division too many for rare disease. Many roles in this company aren’t necessary. Disease state reps in the derm space are you kidding me? Nothing the reps can’t talk about as they need to know disease state as well. And Oncology? They can’t even see their customers lucky if they get into one office a day with a lunch or a breakfast. Way too many of those reps as well.

They need to purge some of the reps from field forces where they have way too many bodies such as CV. Way too many reps and roles that still don’t serve any purpose despite a realignment. The new renal division too many for rare disease. Many roles in this company aren’t necessary. Disease state reps in the derm space are you kidding me? Nothing the reps can’t talk about as they need to know disease state as well. And Oncology? They can’t even see their customers lucky if they get into one office a day with a lunch or a breakfast. Way too many of those reps as well.
In my area, we don’t have too many CV reps, but we sure have too many managers. If the manager has to ride along with me every few weeks for 3 days and dominate the entire conversation, the manager should just be a rep. If reps have to go to all the same luncheons to hit their ridiculous metrics on crappy targets, the company could just be paying one of them and paying for one car. We need to have the freedom to go where the business is and the professionalism to be respected enough by management we don’t need a babysitter in our car all the time. I’m way too old to be amused with playing kindergarten again.

Pretty soon offices are going to start banning managers if they don’t lower the amount of times they are in the field with us. I had two offices last month that stopped letting managers in because they had 4-5 reps being their managers in the same week and they had enough. When will Novartis and truly all of Pharma stop the incessant field rides?