• Fri news: Gilead withdraws bladder cancer drug. Amgen and Intercept PDUFA date pushback. CVS replaces CEO. Supernus depression trial. AbbVie Parkinson’s approval. See more on our front page

got caught with my pants down

Anonymous

So this Friday has been the worst for me and I'm to blame.

On my last call of the day I went to a very friendly doc's office... You know.. the kind you want to end your week on... And in his sample room there was a box of vicoprofen. I picked it up and as I did, his nurse walked in. BUSTED.

I went into "Deny till you die" mode and just said this box was in my spot to stock my samples... She looked at me in a way that put fear into my heart.

I put the box down and she lingered. As this was a "walk in closet" type of room we're all accustomed to, she stayed inside and closed the door. Now I'm getting freaked out because I just want to leave and felt trapped...

I start to talk, "I need to leave".

And she asked me what I really was doing in there......And I admitted to moving things out of my way because I had a designated spot to stock my samples....

The nurse approached me, wryly smiled...

And yada yada yada, I left the office happy.

Do you think Im in trouble "come" monday Morning?

If that closet usually has samples moved around, then I would say no. If you were putting it into your pocket or your sample bag, then I'd say yes.

But I'm sure you were reported either way to the office manager, who will ultimately call your company.

Or, maybe she was going in there to get it for herself. I bet you've ruined it for other reps getting into the sample closet.

Way to go!

So this Friday has been the worst for me and I'm to blame.

On my last call of the day I went to a very friendly doc's office... You know.. the kind you want to end your week on... And in his sample room there was a box of vicoprofen. I picked it up and as I did, his nurse walked in. BUSTED.

I went into "Deny till you die" mode and just said this box was in my spot to stock my samples... She looked at me in a way that put fear into my heart.

I put the box down and she lingered. As this was a "walk in closet" type of room we're all accustomed to, she stayed inside and closed the door. Now I'm getting freaked out because I just want to leave and felt trapped...

I start to talk, "I need to leave".

And she asked me what I really was doing in there......And I admitted to moving things out of my way because I had a designated spot to stock my samples....

The nurse approached me, wryly smiled...

And yada yada yada, I left the office happy.

Do you think Im in trouble "come" monday Morning?

You're fine. I wouldn't waste another second thinking about. You didn't steal any samples...maybe you were about to but you didn't. Keep denying if she or the doc ever brings it up again.

My favorite story about samples was when I was selling Lipitor in the late 90s. There was an office, in the middle of nowhere and they requested samples, because I only called on them 1/every 2 months. When I get there, I dump about 2 cases of samples, and the receptionist didn't even wait for me to leave, but took one of the case and popped open her trunk and dropped them in her car...

ever since that day, I have no hesitation to take what I need from an office. you can call it stealing, but I call it payback and a perk of this job...

and I don't do it often, but I do it when I am 100 percent sure I can get away with it (you know, if I did get caught, I have such a good relationship with the office, they could care less, etc).

My favorite story about samples was when I was selling Lipitor in the late 90s. There was an office, in the middle of nowhere and they requested samples, because I only called on them 1/every 2 months. When I get there, I dump about 2 cases of samples, and the receptionist didn't even wait for me to leave, but took one of the case and popped open her trunk and dropped them in her car...

ever since that day, I have no hesitation to take what I need from an office. you can call it stealing, but I call it payback and a perk of this job...

and I don't do it often, but I do it when I am 100 percent sure I can get away with it (you know, if I did get caught, I have such a good relationship with the office, they could care less, etc).

Um, it is stealing. If you have such great relationships with the offices, ASK them for the samples.

this is all a bunch of BS people vicoprofen is a scheduled product and cannot be sampled

Used to be a Schedule III until October when it was reclassified Schedule II and now requires triple prescriptions, etc. Schedule III products CAN be sampled by mail and direct by rep. Do your homework.

I don't think Vicoprofen has been sampled as recently as 2014 when the OP wrote his post.

I read the scenarios in some of these threads and just laugh at those of you who are gullible enough to buy into it. Good God. Weren't you born with any common sense? That's something they can't teach you in college. Either you have it or you don't. :)

I got the whole fake story from the start..."come" Monday, etc. I was pointing out that if you're going to craft such a legendary post, that you should have all of the facts perfect in order to be totally entertaining.