• Fri news: Gilead withdraws bladder cancer drug. Amgen and Intercept PDUFA date pushback. CVS replaces CEO. Supernus depression trial. AbbVie Parkinson’s approval. See more on our front page

Got an email from a Regional Manager

Anonymous

The email came at 6:30 pm last night saying he was conducting phone interviews "today and tomorrow". Today was a little late being that it was approaching 7 p.m. He wanted me current employment status, compensation and up to date resume. I respoded. It is the next day 1 p.m. the next day and nothing! What is that? Where is my phone interview? SO unprofessional.

Get real. In today's environment if they do not like you on paper, they will not respond. You are lucky to get the canned rejection letter. I cannot count the number of "interested" parties that have told me I have the interview and then nothing. You are lucky if later you even get a canned rejection letter. While I agree it is unprofessional, I have been told that often thousands of very qualifed resumes will cross the desk of the hiring manager. They just do not have time to respond to everyone. Welcome to job hunting in the digital age.

I've had face to face interviews where I was one of 4 people interviewed and never got a response back from either the hiring manager or the recruiter! The fucking asshole recruiters don't even have the decency to send a simple email saying they went with someone else.

Looking for a job in this day and age sucks.

I've had face to face interviews where I was one of 4 people interviewed and never got a response back from either the hiring manager or the recruiter! The fucking asshole recruiters don't even have the decency to send a simple email saying they went with someone else.

Life in this day and age sucks...America...ain't she grand??

Get over it. You are a "place holder." The recruiters put up 1 A candidate, 1 B candidate and a bunch of scrubs to fill the other spots so other recruiter can't get their talent in. This way its an easy hiring decision. The mgr feels pressure tat there is nothing better than the A. You, my friend, are probably one of the scrubs. Sorry.

They trade us like rfuit at the market, they don't care about the "fruit," only the mark-up on the transaction...

Get over it. You are a "place holder." The recruiters put up 1 A candidate, 1 B candidate and a bunch of scrubs to fill the other spots so other recruiter can't get their talent in. This way its an easy hiring decision. The mgr feels pressure tat there is nothing better than the A. You, my friend, are probably one of the scrubs. Sorry.

They trade us like rfuit at the market, they don't care about the "fruit," only the mark-up on the transaction...

Today's job market is all about networking. So your comment means nothing.

Recruiters don't have the power to "rank" their candidates. The hiring manager sifts through 20+ resumes and CHOOSES the top candidates they want to speak with via phone and then in person. I was one of 4 chosen. Did he have us ranked going into the f2f? I'm sure he did. My point is that when a hiring manager says "I'll be making a decision in a few days and you will hear from me", I expect to hear from him.

And I know some recruiters are the scum of the earth. The nerve to act like your best friend when you are still a candidate but the second the hiring manager eliminates you the recruiter does the same. That is shortsighted thinking on their part. A simple 20 seconds spend responding to an email with "the HM decided to offer another candidate" will suffice with me.