• Thurs news: Sage R&D layoffs. Another Sanofi radiopharma deal. Novartis loses bid to block generic. Kezar lupus trial stopped. Why are so many pharmacies closing. See more on our front page

Generative AI Conference In Praque - Get Rid of 60% Employees in 1-2 Years

anonymous

About 2 weeks ago there was a Generative AI conference in Praque. They were openly talking about getting rid of 60% of the employees in 1-2 years. They want to replace them with AI. This is not just IT, its everyone.

Reps probably wont be touched as they are customer facing but all the other corporate jobs may be in for a rude shock.

I dont think its possible but who knows...

About 2 weeks ago there was a Generative AI conference in Praque. They were openly talking about getting rid of 60% of the employees in 1-2 years. They want to replace them with AI. This is not just IT, its everyone.

Reps probably wont be touched as they are customer facing but all the other corporate jobs may be in for a rude shock.

I dont think its possible but who knows...

Large language models are shit. There’s certain things they do well, but they aren’t getting better. Chat bot gpt has gone down hill since it first came out and googles AI is utterly useless to put it nicely. They are running out of data to feed these large language models and are planning on creating another large language model to create data to put into the public which is going to lead to model collapse, plus there is no profit in these systems. When McKinsey and BCG start replacing employees successfully with it, then will be the time to worry because it might actually work then, but it’s a tool not the end all be all. there’s a bubble about to burst in the tech sector because of the hype and lack of return on investments.

There are numerous large A/digital business workstreams underway now with a focus on increasing efficiency and decreasing manual efforts. Realization of these models will no doubt result in resource reductions, that's a big part of the business case. But I don't see 60% in 1-2 years, my estimate would be more like 20% reduction over the course of the next 3-5 years.

There are numerous large A/digital business workstreams underway now with a focus on increasing efficiency and decreasing manual efforts. Realization of these models will no doubt result in resource reductions, that's a big part of the business case. But I don't see 60% in 1-2 years, my estimate would be more like 20% reduction over the course of the next 3-5 years.

realization of these models isn’t going to happen. Tech has put way to much money into these for no return… the tech sector is going to crash in fall or winter and AI will be the reason. Anyone who doesn’t see this simply has never used AI for anything productive

Yeah…. Gonna be more like 1-2%. The internet is full of crap(more crap than good at this point…) which is what these models are being trained on…

Yeah…. Gonna be more like 1-2%. The internet is full of crap(more crap than good at this point…) which is what these models are being trained on…
that's simply false...Merck models are being trained on Merck data, records..but hey, keep telling yourself what you like to feel safe, sleep at night