Gas

Anonymous

Used to be $50 to fill up, last week I used $60 to fill up my car. That's a lot, imagine the bill for every rep, DM, executive, etc. I'll bet it's millions of dollars a week for the gas bill around here, and going up fast. That ought to help!

and they should know by now, the number of reps,dsms, rsds out there is OVERKILL. Cut easily have fewer reps covering larger territories. gas situation just may them cut sooner.

Used to be $50 to fill up, last week I used $60 to fill up my car. That's a lot, imagine the bill for every rep, DM, executive, etc. I'll bet it's millions of dollars a week for the gas bill around here, and going up fast. That ought to help!

Wait until they increase the deduction for gas in your paycheck....they never take it down when the cost does drop!

The fleet companies buy fuel in bulk during options trading to hedge price increases and the deals that Wright has in place are much closer to the fuel wholesale price. Professionals never pay retail.

Huh? You buy gas at service stations anywhere in the country that accept the card.

OK, think I got it.

Large fuel consuming companies enter into hedging contracts to mitigate their exposure to future fuel prices that may be higher than current prices and/or to establish a known fuel cost for budgeting purposes. If a large fuel consuming company buys a fuel swap and the price of fuel declines, the company will effectively be forced to pay an above-market rate for fuel. If a large fuel consuming company buys a fuel call option and the price of fuel increases, the company will receive a return on the option that offsets their actual cost of fuel.

Yup, you got it. Kellogg does the same thing with wheat to manage exposure to fluctuating market prices and banks do something similar with currencies in the forex market. Imagine if you had shorted the Yen last week?