Frazier and CFO bought stocks today

Anonymous

Frazier & CFO bought 1 and 0.5 millions $, respectively, of Merck stocks today, reversing a two year trend. The transaction reminds me of Fred Hassan when he took over SP. Within a few years Fred packaged SP and sold it, just when the company began to turn around. Of course Fred's golden parachute was among the best if the best towards the end of 2009.

Any inkling that Frazier is following Fred's footsteps? Any thoughts out there?

Who's gonna buy Merck??? Yuck! A freaking dinosaur!

<

Kenny going the Fast Freddy way? Not implausible. The man is a lawyer. Heck, he's the lawyer who sang the tunes of "no settlements" riding his horse high then silently rejoiced from his GHH throne with his eyes on Dick's when the latter did just that. Now I don't mind the flexible decision there but I do mind ivory towers and deceitful arrogance and Kenny has a proven track record which rivals Old Ray. I don't trust the slick talker one bit and wouldn't be surprised if he goes ahead and flips the table. Do you watch his eyes when he gets on stage? Watch them closely next time. I used to believe he's decent.

Quite possible! Frazier is a lawyer who's at the job for money. If he can make a heap by flipping, there is little doubt that he wouldn't think twice. Merck did well years ago because Vagelos was on top. He was a scientist who cares about science and innovation. New drugs and wealth follow naturally. Put an MBA or a lawyer on top they will go for the easy money and wouldn't care less about the employees, the long term future of the company, the science, or anything of the sort. Only money, money, and money. They wouldn't care less if the laid-off employees starve for that matter.

Merck is a thrash bin requiring lots of cleaning and rehabilitation, let's move on.

Merck leadership nowadays sounds like Amy Winehouse singing "No Rehab". You know what happens to poor Amy.