Former Merck Executive founded new company

Anonymous

News - Former MRL President PK announced today that he just founded a new company Merck Too to make only me-too drugs, and the acquisition of Lycera. He also announced the management team of his company -

DN - CSO and Chief Publications Officer (interim)
LR - eVP, Head of Obesity
GO - Site Head, Boston
SR - eVP, Head of Cardiovascular and Chief Liaison for Nitromed
KM - eVP, Site Head Merck Too/Lycera

In the same announcement, he communicated a plan to establish cross site franchises to be headed by well established academic scientists and to recruit Dr. Jingwu Zang (or Zhang) as the Chief Publications Officer. The company will focus on developing novel drugs by making combo pills from two or more generic drugs, or adding an NO-group to existing antihypertensives. In addition, the company will continue to expand its autoimmune pipeline. To that end, Dr. KM is charged to expand the business of Merck Too/Lycera by signing more contracts with both Merck & Co, and Merck KGA.

<

News - Former MRL President PK announced today that he just founded a new company Merck Too to make only me-too drugs, and the acquisition of Lycera. He also announced the management team of his company -

GO - Site Head, Boston

In the same announcement, he communicated a plan to establish cross site franchises to be headed by well established academic scientists and to recruit Dr. Jingwu Zang (or Zhang) as the Chief Publications Officer. The company will focus on developing novel drugs by making combo pills from two or more generic drugs, or adding an NO-group to existing antihypertensives. In addition, the company will continue to expand its autoimmune pipeline. To that end, Dr. KM is charged to expand the business of Merck Too/Lycera by signing more contracts with both Merck & Co, and Merck KGA.

tooo funny. would love to see it happen - ship of fools

GO - Site Head, Boston

In a prompt response to PK's call for action, KM, as was always the case at Merck, went to action immediately and asked to have big green backs added to the company's webpage.

http://www.lycera.com/

Are they hiring? I work at MRL Boston now, and am very stressed by all the dark cloud over MRL Boston. I would be interested in working at Merck Too Boston. With these people known for their strong "leadership", I am sure that I can "work smart" there and discover a bunch of combo or NO-drugs in no time.

When reached by phone, PK stated that he was also considering hiring more MF leaders who had received six sigma training. He believed that academic scientists and six sigma trainees are the people he needs in his company. As for scientists, he said he would hire only 1 scientist for every manager. The final reporting structure will be 1 scientist - 1 director - 1 executive director - 1 VP - 1 srVP, with all the srVP reporting to him. When asked how can 1 scientist do all the work, he replied he expected him to work smarter.