Forbes - Top 10 Reasons Employees Leave

THE #1 reason people leave a company is they despise their direct manager. In AZ's case, it's not only bad management, but decisions made on the part of upper management that destroy motivation and sabotage sales. For AZ, and pharma in general, we all know that we basically have no future here being directly employed by AZ. AZ has made it crystal clear that they prefer CSO's going forth. This, along with a failed pipeline, makes sure that we have no future here.

In about a month, around a third of us overall, will be gone. The next round will probably get another third or more. Hence, no future.

THE #1 reason people leave a company is they despise their direct manager. In AZ's case, it's not only bad management, but decisions made on the part of upper management that destroy motivation and sabotage sales. For AZ, and pharma in general, we all know that we basically have no future here being directly employed by AZ. AZ has made it crystal clear that they prefer CSO's going forth. This, along with a failed pipeline, makes sure that we have no future here.

In about a month, around a third of us overall, will be gone. The next round will probably get another third or more. Hence, no future.

There's got to be more than 10 "top" reasons for leaving AZ.

Exactly true.

I understand business pretty well, and the decisions that need to be made.

But this crop of 'leaders' make shitty decisions, and then are totally unable to apply those decisions to people without becoming total assholes.

Guys like MT and RF think they are tough businessmen, but the reality is they are just shitty businessmen who repeatedly fall on the wrong side of success. As shitty business people always do. The only ones who benefit from their work are themselves and their exit packages.

I wouldn't necessarily label myself top talent but I've done fairly well the past couple years. I'm in the process of interviewing for a couple different positions and wether I have a job with AZ in Feb or not I'm leaving. The pipeline is dry and the beurocracy has gotten completely out of control.

I wonder how many good reps have already decided to leave and are simply waiting to give notice only after learning if they will get cut and receive a handsome severance?