• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

First week...can anyone provide an Acronym guide?

anonymous

First week, so let me first say thanks for making me rich. Not so rich that I can retire, but rich enough to buy a million dollar second home in Arizona to escape the Chicago winters. My understanding is that Amgen no longer requires people to come to the home office so I plan on working Jan-Jun in Arizona and Jul-Christmas here.

Ok, I need help. First full week and kinda weird. No one really worked, but instead focused on this "mission week". Ok, once we get back to work I need help with what seems to be a language unique only to Amgen.

A few quick ones:

What is Us-Bo?

What is BE? Used in the sense, we don't care if everyone exceeded plan by 1000% and won Nobel prizes, 5% of you are getting BE?

MAP? Is this something different than prescription performance? I was told the key to promotion was how well I did with MAP non-financials?

Finally, QBRs? Please tell me we don't have to go back to wasting time on 1990 style rear looking quarterly reviews that kill field time as effectively as a standing Friday call. Please, someone tell me it means something else?

Thanks, and again most gratitude for making me financially better off than it would have taken me a decade to do.

<

Don't worry about it. Just join a specialized demographic employee group and say you spent your efforts there and HR won't touch you. Oh, and hit the emoji button often. Non-enthusiasm with the emoji efforts is noted.

Don't worry about it. Just join a specialized demographic employee group and say you spent your efforts there and HR won't touch you. Oh, and hit the emoji button often. Non-enthusiasm with the emoji efforts is noted.
eeyore-winnie-the-pooh.gif

First week, so let me first say thanks for making me rich. Not so rich that I can retire, but rich enough to buy a million dollar second home in Arizona to escape the Chicago winters. My understanding is that Amgen no longer requires people to come to the home office so I plan on working Jan-Jun in Arizona and Jul-Christmas here.

Ok, I need help. First full week and kinda weird. No one really worked, but instead focused on this "mission week". Ok, once we get back to work I need help with what seems to be a language unique only to Amgen.

A few quick ones:

What is Us-Bo?

What is BE? Used in the sense, we don't care if everyone exceeded plan by 1000% and won Nobel prizes, 5% of you are getting BE?

MAP? Is this something different than prescription performance? I was told the key to promotion was how well I did with MAP non-financials?

Finally, QBRs? Please tell me we don't have to go back to wasting time on 1990 style rear looking quarterly reviews that kill field time as effectively as a standing Friday call. Please, someone tell me it means something else?

Thanks, and again most gratitude for making me financially better off than it would have taken me a decade to do.

USBO=US Business Operations
BE = Below Expectations
QBR =Quarterly Business Review

steel yourself, there are thousands of Amgen acronyms, and the better you employ them, the better your calibration. nothing is as revered as wild cheering for stage talking heads, but using acronyms is highly thought of.

USBO=US Business Operations
BE = Below Expectations
QBR =Quarterly Business Review

steel yourself, there are thousands of Amgen acronyms, and the better you employ them, the better your calibration. nothing is as revered as wild cheering for stage talking heads, but using acronyms is highly thought of.
Thanks for the information, Karen

A few quick ones:

What is Us-Bo?

Amgen in a nutshell

Met quite a few of the Amgen folks. Difference is the talent level- they aren't as talented or as driven. Don't work as hard or under as much pressure. But the flip side is they not just survive but thrive in this environment. Now I finally understand when people talk down about "big pharma". But it seems to be more about talent not about career. Working not as hard and having ultimately the same career earnings makes much more sense! I think it will be really easy to stand out here amongst this crowd and much easier (and better) work life balance.

Initially I wasn't excited but after thinking about it this weekend I think this is the best thing ever for Horizon!

Met quite a few of the Amgen folks. Difference is the talent level- they aren't as talented or as driven. Don't work as hard or under as much pressure. But the flip side is they not just survive but thrive in this environment. Now I finally understand when people talk down about "big pharma". But it seems to be more about talent not about career. Working not as hard and having ultimately the same career earnings makes much more sense! I think it will be really easy to stand out here amongst this crowd and much easier (and better) work life balance.

Initially I wasn't excited but after thinking about it this weekend I think this is the best thing ever for Horizon!

Amgen is controlled by ZS infiltrators who have NEVER been in brand management or sales but they have the VPs fooled. In turn, they make some of the most absurd business decisions based on math and their MBA cases studies that cripple brands. That is what you will have to get used to. Thousand Oaks is a subsidiary of ZS and ZS uses it to generate untold profits. They simple steal from the idiots.

If you want to succeed, adhere to whatever ZS has fooled the VPs and EDs on.

Amgen is controlled by ZS infiltrators who have NEVER been in brand management or sales but they have the VPs fooled. In turn, they make some of the most absurd business decisions based on math and their MBA cases studies that cripple brands. That is what you will have to get used to. Thousand Oaks is a subsidiary of ZS and ZS uses it to generate untold profits. They simple steal from the idiots.

If you want to succeed, adhere to whatever ZS has fooled the VPs and EDs on.

Amgen does 26 billion in revenue a year and has one of the highest profit margins in the industry. If ZS is running the brands they aren't doing a bad job!