• Wed news: Lilly’s 4.5B medicine foundry project. 5 FDA decisions to watch in Q4. Hurricane Helene and the health supply chain. Lundbeck taps Charles River for AI-enabled neuro drug discovery. Amgen tax evasion lawsuit. See more on our front page

Fire Abhay.

<

Why has he been in the US so long ?
You guys don’t get it do you? You work for a company based in India. INDIA. They have a different set of corporate and cultural values (mostly sleazy).
There is a caste system. Abhay belongs to the Kshatriyas class everyone else in the company are Sudras in the eyes of Dilip and Abhay.
Get over it. Abhay will always be the CEO no matter what.

You guys don’t get it do you? You work for a company based in India. INDIA. They have a different set of corporate and cultural values (mostly sleazy).
There is a caste system. Abhay belongs to the Kshatriyas class everyone else in the company are Sudras in the eyes of Dilip and Abhay.
Get over it. Abhay will always be the CEO no matter what.

You are absolutely right in that they have a different set of values.

Abhay told me that directly.

At first, I didn’t really understand what he meant, but it soon became real clear.

In India, it is very dishonorable to fire someone who is part of your caste system or worse if they are higher than you are.
Mismanaging Americans is no big deal to them.
That old philosophy is starting to go away with the younger people, but it is still around.

In India, it is very dishonorable to fire someone who is part of your caste system or worse if they are higher than you are.
Mismanaging Americans is no big deal to them.
That old philosophy is starting to go away with the younger people, but it is still around.
I had a colleague at Sun who told me a story about being at one of the locations in India.
He was using the bathroom -urinal- but at first hadn’t noticed the commodes over his shoulder, no stall walls- just open, replete with buckets and ladles. How frickin gross.
That helps make some sense outta things.

I never shake hands or open a door with anything other than my foot.

I had a colleague at Sun who told me a story about being at one of the locations in India.
He was using the bathroom -urinal- but at first hadn’t noticed the commodes over his shoulder, no stall walls- just open, replete with buckets and ladles. How frickin gross.
That helps make some sense outta things.

I never shake hands or open a door with anything other than my foot.

Yep.