• Mon news: Ventyx gets boost from Sanofi. PhRMA IRA legal challenge gets new life. AZ breast cancer drug disappoints. Teva’s once-monthly schizophrenia med. AZ gets FDA approval for first self-administered flu vaccine. See more on our front page

Finally good news?

<

Drug not approved by the FDA yet. Just advisory committee. FDA can still ask for additional data. This does not mean anything for Azi because each drug is reviewed individually not as a class.

Ok jackass overwhelming vote for and arenas drug is supposedly the best of the 3. I hope it gets approved for PC sake, even though I'm Onc.

Ok jackass overwhelming vote for and arenas drug is supposedly the best of the 3. I hope it gets approved for PC sake, even though I'm Onc.

"supposedly"= even you doubt the truth of your own statement. Efficacy is a known weak spot of Lorcaserin. Marginal efficacy one would say. As far as safety goes, the only way to know for sure about the malignancy problems with Lorcaserin is to do the dreaded long term studies. Also if FDA has one drug it can approve, this will take the pressure off for a while and buy it time to observe Qnexa for couple of years and then move to other drugs. See, Skippy, there are lots of ways to handicap this situation. But hey, hope springs eternal.

"supposedly"= even you doubt the truth of your own statement. Efficacy is a known weak spot of Lorcaserin. Marginal efficacy one would say. As far as safety goes, the only way to know for sure about the malignancy problems with Lorcaserin is to do the dreaded long term studies. Also if FDA has one drug it can approve, this will take the pressure off for a while and buy it time to observe Qnexa for couple of years and then move to other drugs. See, Skippy, there are lots of ways to handicap this situation. But hey, hope springs eternal.

I bet you have the happiest kids in the neighborhood.