• Mon news: Pfizer wins legal patent battle over GSK. Hospitals face hurricane-induced IV shortages. Activist investor takes $1B stake in Pfizer. MicroRNA pioneers win Nobel. Jude Bio debuts with $100M. See more on our front page

Finally! A sensible Republican view on the issue of abortion.

anonymous

GOP presidential candidate Nikki Haley declined Sunday to endorse a federal abortion ban and said it would not be honest for a Republican to promise such an unrealistic prospect to the American people.

In an interview on CBS’ “Face the Nation,” Haley, who was ambassador to the United Nations and governor of South Carolina, said, "For a national standard, I think we have to tell the American people the truth."

She noted the political realities of passing federal legislation through Congress: "In order to do a national standard, you’d have to have a majority of the House, 60 Senate votes and a president. We haven’t had 60 pro-life senators in 100 years.

“So the idea that a Republican president could ban all abortions is not being honest with the American people, any more than a Democrat president could ban these pro-life laws in the states,” Haley said. “So let’s be honest with the American people and say: Let’s find national consensus. Let’s agree on getting rid of late-term abortions."

<

Oh poor Nikki.I had such high hopes for her, I’m shocked she turned into another wannabe wallflower afraid to make a stand. She is either very stupid or just way to reliant on how “campaign experts” are advising her to run. She should be positioning herself as the anti trump gop candidate. She can’t even bring herself to condem trump after being found liable for his assault on women? Really? She’s too scared of him and his followers to dare say a bad word? That doesn’t sound like. Presidential caliber leadership to me. She should agree with Trumps conservative business views but distance herself from his tacky, embarrassing, man-child, frat boy persona. There’s many people out there that really don’t want to vote for Biden, but will have to reluctantly do so to keep trump away. A strong conservative woman who stands up to the pig men in the GOP and says she has a better way would be an ideal alternative choice. It’s too bad she’s not willing to step up and demonstrate real leadership because she thinks she’d rather tag on as some dope’s VP pick. Shame Nikki!!

So Nikki is outraged by the Durham report but had no thoughts on Donald’s court case? What spineless hack wannabe VO stance. Ohhhh Nikki, you could have saved us by being the anti-trump, but instead you foolishly think taking the easy MAGA route will somehow benefit you???? Bad miscalculation!!

So Nikki is outraged by the Durham report but had no thoughts on Donald’s court case? What spineless hack wannabe VO stance. Ohhhh Nikki, you could have saved us by being the anti-trump, but instead you foolishly think taking the easy MAGA route will somehow benefit you???? Bad miscalculation!!
Face it. The only decent republicans left have either been voted out of office (Cheney, Kissinger, et al) or have left the party. The rest terrify me and are wannabe white nationalists (that includes you Tim Scott!!) and embrace authoritarianism aka Victor Orban. Only one party left and it ain’t perfect but I’ll sure take imperfection over fascism.

Face it. The only decent republicans left have either been voted out of office (Cheney, Kissinger, et al) or have left the party. The rest terrify me and are wannabe white nationalists (that includes you Tim Scott!!) and embrace authoritarianism aka Victor Orban. Only one party left and it ain’t perfect but I’ll sure take imperfection over fascism.
Exactly!! How does Nikki not see that? She’s a fool

LMFAO!! Democrats are not a choice...it's a surrender!

GOP presidential candidate Nikki Haley declined Sunday to endorse a federal abortion ban and said it would not be honest for a Republican to promise such an unrealistic prospect to the American people.

In an interview on CBS’ “Face the Nation,” Haley, who was ambassador to the United Nations and governor of South Carolina, said, "For a national standard, I think we have to tell the American people the truth."

She noted the political realities of passing federal legislation through Congress: "In order to do a national standard, you’d have to have a majority of the House, 60 Senate votes and a president. We haven’t had 60 pro-life senators in 100 years.

“So the idea that a Republican president could ban all abortions is not being honest with the American people, any more than a Democrat president could ban these pro-life laws in the states,” Haley said. “So let’s be honest with the American people and say: Let’s find national consensus. Let’s agree on getting rid of late-term abortions."
It was sent back to the states to decide, as it should have been. It’s called Federalism. If you want your state law changed, get off of your fat asses and get petitions signed for a ballot initiative. A federal ban is the idiotic Brain-child of your fellow war-lover, Goober Graham.

It was sent back to the states to decide, as it should have been. It’s called Federalism. If you want your state law changed, get off of your fat asses and get petitions signed for a ballot initiative. A federal ban is the idiotic Brain-child of your fellow war-lover, Goober Graham.

And states should decide if they want their citizens to be in out armed forces or if they can opt out.