• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

Final layoffs date

<

Can someone confirm as my family decisions hinge on it? I hate this company so much. I wish karma gets to those that made a decision to extend this for so long.

Agreed. For those of us that have kids in school, a mortgage, insurance, etc the wait is just killer. Not sure to root for RIF in order to get out and move on or not get RIF'd and be stuck with a possible pay cut and being moved to a different department to be laid off at a later date.

The latest I've heard is for the announcement to come on the quarterly call when they'll pat us all on the back for having a great quarter and congratulate us on the job well done and it is reflected in the stock price. and say "Now get out please"

October 22 is the word on the street.

Agreed. For those of us that have kids in school, a mortgage, insurance, etc the wait is just killer. Not sure to root for RIF in order to get out and move on or not get RIF'd and be stuck with a possible pay cut and being moved to a different department to be laid off at a later date.

The latest I've heard is for the announcement to come on the quarterly call when they'll pat us all on the back for having a great quarter and congratulate us on the job well done and it is reflected in the stock price. and say "Now get out please"

October 22 is the word on the street.

I think if we aren't RIF'd (some of us have been preparing for this from last layoff) then the best thing everyone can do is to put your head down & seriously start figuring out what you want to be when you grow up. This ride is coming to an end--- there are other jobs out there- do what you can to work your way out. Rumor is 2 more layoffs next year- then the change to CSO. Everyone needs a plan B. Do not put your head in the sand folks- be proactive and find employment elsewhere. its just a matter of time. best of luck to everyone.

I think if we aren't RIF'd (some of us have been preparing for this from last layoff) then the best thing everyone can do is to put your head down & seriously start figuring out what you want to be when you grow up. This ride is coming to an end--- there are other jobs out there- do what you can to work your way out. Rumor is 2 more layoffs next year- then the change to CSO. Everyone needs a plan B. Do not put your head in the sand folks- be proactive and find employment elsewhere. its just a matter of time. best of luck to everyone.

So true. Do you down size and roll the dice on retraining or try and find a similar job?

With two incomes and little debt re-training can be accomplished. Of course, capital is an issue should you want to open a business. You made it this far. Drug reps get a bad rap. The sun will rise tomorrow.