• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

FDE with a clue getting O-U-T

Anonymous

So tomorrow morning I have a final interview with a company outside of pharma. I expect to get an offer, or at least hoping so. The hours will be a little longer and the salary will be a little less but I will be out of pharma and that means something to me. I love our job...the money, flexibility and benefits but I know it's not built to last. I'm an FDE and I know my days are numbered. I'm not bitter...I knew what I was signing up for although my DSM told me that he expected the pipeline to lead to future employment.

Anyway, good luck to everyone. Everyone except one of my neuro counterparts. Everyone else is pretty cool, but you are a bitch. Ha ha ha ha...

<

You will be MUCH happier.

Everyone at Lilly thinks they walk on water. But once outside, you will have some real learning to catch up on. Then your intelligence will again peg out at 100+

Good luck. There will be a learning curve....

So tomorrow morning I have a final interview with a company outside of pharma. I expect to get an offer, or at least hoping so. The hours will be a little longer and the salary will be a little less but I will be out of pharma and that means something to me. I love our job...the money, flexibility and benefits but I know it's not built to last. I'm an FDE and I know my days are numbered. I'm not bitter...I knew what I was signing up for although my DSM told me that he expected the pipeline to lead to future employment.

Anyway, good luck to everyone. Everyone except one of my neuro counterparts. Everyone else is pretty cool, but you are a bitch. Ha ha ha ha...
Smart to get out now. I have an offer of 40K more base than Lilly. Not much to brag about due to the fact the Lilly is the lowest paid pharma company in the industry. Just getting out due to the fact that this company prefers idiots right out of college. Anyone with a brain is ignored and not listened to at meetings or on conference calls. I am out, and so happy to have my income back where it should be.

Smart to get out now. I have an offer of 40K more base than Lilly. Not much to brag about due to the fact the Lilly is the lowest paid pharma company in the industry. Just getting out due to the fact that this company prefers idiots right out of college. Anyone with a brain is ignored and not listened to at meetings or on conference calls. I am out, and so happy to have my income back where it should be.

Are you staying in pharma? If not, what industry pays this well as a base salary? Let me in!