FDA REVOKES approval of Avastin for Breast Cancer

<

Hal B. will look for another invalid study to stuptify the FDA. Shallow Hal and his lazy spin machine could not put Humpty Dumpty back together again. Serves DNA right.

Uh Oh......Basel will want blood for this one. Legacy Roche here and history shows every time a drug or indication is pulled job cuts soon follow and it is getting close to the annual Christmas layoffs....start making plans for the inevitable. This loss will have to be made up somewhere.

Legacy Roche get a life......this may have happened at Roche but with Genentech there were no layoffs before Roche and I am confident Genentech will not knee jerk react on this latest Avastin news. It was kind of expected so not a really big surprise. I'm sure management has been preparing for this possible outcome. Lots of other indications and products to sell....not too worried on my end!!!!

Well if recent history has anything to do with it 90% or more of the layoffs in the last couple of years has been legacy Roche so I don't think legacy Genentech has a lot to worry about. I'm sorry for you Roche legacy but that just seems to be the pattern.

Will the last Genentech employee please be considerate and turn the lights off? It is one thing to try to steal a dying patient's and their family's last buck, but nobody likes to see energy wasted. Be green, be honest, be aware.

Will the last Genentech employee please be considerate and turn the lights off? It is one thing to try to steal a dying patient's and their family's last buck, but nobody likes to see energy wasted. Be green, be honest, be aware.

If you think Avastin is about stealing patients last buck, then you should definitely seek employment elsewhere. . .

Genentech lied. Out of over 2400 first line or later there is no subgroup of super responders. You are better off flying to Lourdes.

How exactly did Genentech lie?

Seems to me that Genentech has always shown FDA everything on Avastin in BC from day one. You can criticize the strategy, the effectiveness of the arguments, and people who managed the process if you are so compelled. But you need to offer some concrete examples to suggest the company lied.

The facts as I see them: E2100 showed PFS but not OS and received accelerated approval based on PFS as a surrogate for OS. FDA said, and Genentech agreed, that Genentech needed to demonstrate OS in a subsequent study to convert to full approval. OS never achieved so FDA pulled the indication - a decision that was part science, part statistics, part economic and part political. EMA upholds the approval because the European agency believes PFS is a valid end-point on its own. Where´s the lie?

Uh Oh......Basel will want blood for this one. Legacy Roche here and history shows every time a drug or indication is pulled job cuts soon follow and it is getting close to the annual Christmas layoffs....start making plans for the inevitable. This loss will have to be made up somewhere.

Sorry, this is no surprise, and was mention LAST year as one reason forlayoffs. THE SKY IS NOT FALLING?

Legacy Roche get a life......this may have happened at Roche but with Genentech there were no layoffs before Roche and I am confident Genentech will not knee jerk react on this latest Avastin news. It was kind of expected so not a really big surprise. I'm sure management has been preparing for this possible outcome. Lots of other indications and products to sell....not too worried on my end!!!!

There will be no reaction, becuase it was factored in last year. ANY public company would react to a loss to the bottom line. Either you sell more, or you cut expenses. Please remember, THERE IS NO CORPORATION CALLED GENENTECH! Genentech is simply a fancy name for ROCHEUSA! Stop acting as though GENENTECH does things one way, and ROCHE does things another. They are one in the same, and they are called Roche. Geez, 3 years have elapsed,and you STILL DONT GET IT! GENENTECH IS DEAD, LONG LIVE GENENTECH!

If you dont believe me, please tell me how I can but 1000 shares of GENENTECH!

Well if recent history has anything to do with it 90% or more of the layoffs in the last couple of years has been legacy Roche so I don't think legacy Genentech has a lot to worry about. I'm sorry for you Roche legacy but that just seems to be the pattern.

Well of course this is the case, since SSF became the new US HQ. Did you expect them to layoff SSF people, them move Nutley people across the country as replacements. Think people, THINK!

Keep putting your heads in your butts and it will all go away. Of course there will be layoffs! And please stop pretending GTech people are the cause of what is going on now. They ran off all the Roche folks over the last two years and all of the crap coming out was due to Gtech acting like they had Holy Water for sale. Investor (ie Roche family and Novartis) money will be paid back. Too bad the glitter of Gtech was and is an illusion. Welcome to the free market.