FDA Denies Merck Request to Block Generic Form of Nasonex

<

It's better and cheaper. Another billion a year gone. Maybe our R&D should come out with a good drug once in a while. Such a worthless bunch of people.

Maybe Merck should make Peter Kim give back the $19 million dollars he exercised in options the day before the election. How do you pay a scientist millions, who can't get a product of value approved by the FDA for years?

This is not generic Nasonex. It is a novel non-aqueous form of mometasone furoate suspension. Merck was trying to make it seem as if it were a similar generic copy but it is not. The two therapies are different in this important detail. Should Apotex's therapy get approved, this difference may very well be the selling point. Sorry to inform that if the sales are to remain above 1 billion, the sales pitch will need to consider it. Sounds like some heavier lifting for a product that hasn't demanded that sort of effort?

This is not generic Nasonex. It is a novel non-aqueous form of mometasone furoate suspension. Merck was trying to make it seem as if it were a similar generic copy but it is not. The two therapies are different in this important detail. Should Apotex's therapy get approved, this difference may very well be the selling point. Sorry to inform that if the sales are to remain above 1 billion, the sales pitch will need to consider it. Sounds like some heavier lifting for a product that hasn't demanded that sort of effort?

Nothing new. Look at all the generic versions of fenofibrate out there. Long-acting, short-acting, micronized, specially coated, etc. We all have to pretend to be different to make some $$.

As for Merck not wanting this in the market. Nothing new. Drug companies would sue and protect anything remotely close to their products. Look at how Apple and Samsung go against each other.

Nothing new. Look at all the generic versions of fenofibrate out there. Long-acting, short-acting, micronized, specially coated, etc. We all have to pretend to be different to make some $$.

As for Merck not wanting this in the market. Nothing new. Drug companies would sue and protect anything remotely close to their products. Look at how Apple and Samsung go against each other.

Just like Zocor plus two cents' worth of ezetimibe equals Vytorin. No difference in meaningful outcomes but a world of difference in exclusivity.

look, i'm not one of you smart guys debating, all i know is that nasonex doesn't work, salt water does a better job and costs about 115 dollars less, and afrin may kick up my blood pressure, but my nose gets clear, i hope the whole theory of nasonex tanks and all companyies copying them goes with them, all my doctors prescribe nasonex when i get a cold or flu, but i think their just payed off by the drug companies to peddle their crap for them.