• Thurs news: Sage R&D layoffs. Another Sanofi radiopharma deal. Novartis loses bid to block generic. Kezar lupus trial stopped. Why are so many pharmacies closing. See more on our front page

Fact or fiction??? KarXT Launch

anonymous

"I think you all are seriously underappreciating how "make or break" this product is for the future of BMS.

If this thing has a disappointing launch like the recent ones for Sotyktu, Camzyos, Zeposia, etc... then you are going to be looking at a spiral of doom with mass layoffs and I assume some kind of major restructuring of BMS where it goes into run-off mode similar to Valeant/Bausch.

You are going to be under a constant heavy microscope because YOU are literally the last option BMS has available to extinguish a fire that is on the verge of burning the entire house down.

Why someone would want to subject themselves to that is a head-scratcher to me. Little to no upside with massive pressure and a pretty high likelihood of failure from the perspective of those of us who know this space well."

"I think you all are seriously underappreciating how "make or break" this product is for the future of BMS.

If this thing has a disappointing launch like the recent ones for Sotyktu, Camzyos, Zeposia, etc... then you are going to be looking at a spiral of doom with mass layoffs and I assume some kind of major restructuring of BMS where it goes into run-off mode similar to Valeant/Bausch.

You are going to be under a constant heavy microscope because YOU are literally the last option BMS has available to extinguish a fire that is on the verge of burning the entire house down.

Why someone would want to subject themselves to that is a head-scratcher to me. Little to no upside with massive pressure and a pretty high likelihood of failure from the perspective of those of us who know this space well."
Not sure who said this since you didn't give attribution to the quote. But this gives me the desire to do my part to make sure this is a successful launch. I hope it motivates you to support the launch in any way you can.

Seeing as the put the person who destroyed WCE in a position of authority for this launch, my guess is they want it to all burn down.

Seeing as the put the person who destroyed WCE in a position of authority for this launch, my guess is they want it to all burn down.
That would be my second prominent thought. First major thought being that BMS can't seem to launch any products in the past 4 years and has no recent experience in the "neuropsych" space.

This product has a very real chance of being a huge success in the schizo disease space and others depending on future clinical trials. Based on what I hear is they are hiring reps throughout the country w vast experience and relationships within the behavioral health space. That is the right thing to do. My concern is those in leadership positions, district managers, regional managers, etc.. all have little to no experience in this space. Depending on how those in leadership positions handle this will depend on whether or not this drug is a failure or not. Unless of course the drug does not turn out to do what it claims to do. That would be an obvious no starter, but I don’t think they’re spending $14 billion on a “me too” or “dog” of a drug.

New drug is twice a day oral yet most psychs say if they could get all their patients on LAIs, they would choose a lai over oral. So what’s the hype around? the Alzheimer’s aspect? Maybe a different molecule, yes, but if the efficacy isn’t profoundly diff than others out there, Im trying to figure out where this would work for which specific patient.