• Tue news: Merck's Keytruda stages comeback in head and neck cancer. GSK, Pfizer RSV vaccine sales fall. Astellas gene therapy bet. Extreme weather —>drug shortages. J&J discontinues bladder cancer drug. See more on our front page

Facebook IPO

I'm going to try and buy 100 shares just for the f*ck of it. Starts out at $38. Limit orders accepted at 7 AM EDT. I'll gety up at 4 and put one in for $38. If that doesn't fly, I'll look into a market order at 10AM EDT.

I'm going to try and buy 100 shares just for the f*ck of it. Starts out at $38. Limit orders accepted at 7 AM EDT. I'll gety up at 4 and put one in for $38. If that doesn't fly, I'll look into a market order at 10AM EDT.

The only people paying $38 will be the brokerage houses and the banks. The price will probably end up at around $250/share by the end of the day.

I remember that when Microsoft went public, my broker was allocated 23 shares to sell at the open. I bought 100 shares about a month later, and promptly forgot about it. I've lost track of how many times it has split. I think two of the them were 3:1 splits. I have never sold any. Every original share is worth 288 shares today. Wish I had bought more.