• Wed news: 2025 Medicare drug price negotiations. BioAge Labs aiming at $180M IPO. Merck Keytruda colorectal cancer flop. Sanofi gets bids for consumer health unit. Novo Nordisk CEO in Senate hot seat. See more on our front page

Eye Care Job Opening Question

anonymous

I am considering applying for an eye care position posted on LinkedIn. What are the expectations when it comes to the number of calls, physician visits and new contacts? I have read some posts discussing base and bonus range but not what the incentive program targets. What do I have to do to make my bonus - what are my targets (share, dollars, etc)? Thanks in advance.

<

LOL. Thanks for the laugh. If I am not too late - I found a couple of similar listings on the Allergan HR site - what should I expect with regard to target visits and bonus calculation?

Thanks again - I love old hags!! ;-)

LOL. Thanks for the laugh. If I am not too late - I found a couple of similar listings on the Allergan HR site - what should I expect with regard to target visits and bonus calculation?

Thanks again - I love old hags!! ;-)

Can't speak to the bonus calculation but I do know that they pay out only three times a year. Yeah, that sucks. If it is an expansion position you will be calling on all the targets that would be considered C or lower targets for the rest of the team, Walmart guys etc.

I am considering applying for an eye care position posted on LinkedIn. What are the expectations when it comes to the number of calls, physician visits and new contacts? I have read some posts discussing base and bonus range but not what the incentive program targets. What do I have to do to make my bonus - what are my targets (share, dollars, etc)? Thanks in advance.
10 to 12 calls with signatures to target docs per day. Base is not great, but adequate. Reaching bonus can be a challenge. Pod system. You will ultimately have 1 or 2 in your pod that come nowhere close to pulling their weight. Bonus paid tri mesterly (odd). All products have generic competition. Restasis has new competitor with better indication and better results. Nothing in the pipeline. Basically selling coupons. Managed care coverage sucks. Cash price nearly $500 month. Takes 3 months to see results. Tough to grow business.

Thank you for your thoughts and insight. One thing I am concerned about is a crowded sales effort. I read notes on the last earnings call and management stated on the call that they added 60 Restasis reps last quarter to bring number to 300. 300??? Seems like an awful lot of reps for a product that sounds like is going to be an even tougher sell going forward.