• Thurs news: Novartis not joining weight loss race. Pharma marketing and climate change. Roche flu treatment trial. Cercle’s fund raise for women’s health. ICER looks at GSK COPD drugs. See more on our front page

"Execution" doesn't drive derm sales, messaging does

anonymous

Come on SJ, we are counting on you. Stop the madness with the activity focus and get the sales force focused on the actual words they say in front of derms. That's what matters. Not fudging the KPI dashboard for your masters.

<

Come on SJ, we are counting on you. Stop the madness with the activity focus and get the sales force focused on the actual words they say in front of derms. That's what matters. Not fudging the KPI dashboard for your masters.
Even more true in Hem. LT running the division like primary care when we have rare disease products and patients that progress and die. I've actually never had it so bad before.

The problem in derm is the "leadership" that is making the calls only worries about execution measures because that's what they are held accountable to in Princeton. Should be sales, but it's not. So much GTN impact out of their control, but they should still be measured on reasonable TRX growth. No one cares about NBRX except ZS. NBRX may fill the funnel, but it's what comes out that goes on the earnings report. So what we have is a team of fools who focus on NBRX and KPI measurements (like the 40% number), speaker programs, etc and we don't grow. That's what happens when big Pharma cogs get exchanged into the dermatology space. They don't fit. But they don't know they don't fit and the culture suffers.

First year of launch our messaging was "biologic-like" efficacy in a pill,
2nd year of launch our messaging was "after topicals, before biologics, the moderate patient"
3rd year of lauch our messaging will be "please write so I don't get laid off"

Damnit, you will EXECUTE over the summer. I don't care if you have shutdowns, vacation, customers away from office.

Listen, my review and bonus are based on execution because of the Change Health fiasco and you WILL make your execution numbers this summer.

Go enter your calls!