• Mon news: Novartis Kisqali breast cancer trial. ESMO news: Bayer, Bristol Myers, Regeneron and more. Biosecure Act fallout. Boston Scientific/Silk Road merger. See more on our front page

Endoscopy associate sales rep

Anonymous

I am trying to get into Med devices and just applied to this position (in TX). Anyone have any advice for me to better my chances? And what is the salary like? I have a MBA and B2B experience. Really trying to quit my current job asap. Cant take it much longer.

Thanks in advance.

I am trying to get into Med devices and just applied to this position (in TX). Anyone have any advice for me to better my chances? And what is the salary like? I have a MBA and B2B experience. Really trying to quit my current job asap. Cant take it much longer.

Thanks in advance.

You are selling yourself short, with all of your education, by working for a piece of crap like Smith and Nephew.

My advice to you is to not pursue opportunities in the medical sales field, because you will encounter too many idiots...

There are so many better industries...do your research....but usually the private companies or family owned are the best. Take a look at the Silicon Valley companies, and companies like Siemens or Otis and SABIC....forget medical sales...its a terrible place to work because of the poor leadership at the top, the instability, and poor pay vs. the people you have to deal with on a day to day basis: ego driven and nerdy doctors...yuck!

Good luck.